Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Forecasts/Disco/Obs

snowman19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first wave Monday misses south again on gfs too

The models are struggling severely wth that thing. I didn't like it because before today it resembled a pure SWFE which I never like here with ridging out west. But now it's almost becoming a hybrid SWFE on the latest GFS runs and to an extent the Euro so I'm showing some interest now but I still think it's nothing major

The models are struggling severely wth that thing. I didn't like it because before today it resembled a pure SWFE which I never like here with ridging out west. But now it's almost becoming a hybrid SWFE on the latest GFS runs and to an extent the Euro so I'm showing some interest now but I still think it's nothing major

I won't take the gfs serious, especially showing that SWFE soooo far south, in comparison to other guidance

Looks like a mess on the gfs and definitely not good for snow on the coastal plain.

If we're going to see anymore snow this winter (NYC metro) then it'll be in early March if the AO tanks as blocking sets up.

We have to watch the AO to see if blocking is going to develop in time for this storm.

My gut feeling with this is that models eventually go back to the monster bomb idea, it may not be a snow event but I feel that is what will happen

That's what I'm thinking. A tucked in west of the benchmark bomb. Mostly rain for the coast. North of 84 a paste bomb. And just an all out dump up in the mountains above 1500'

Models are trending MUCH colder.....

If you have doubts that the ingredients for a MECS.. EVEN for NYC and LONG ISLAND just aren't there... I insist you watch Bernies 4pm video

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/trending-now/video/2430839568001/snow-ice-and-rain-to-cause-maj

You may not like him, but he's not an idiot, and he certainly knows more than you or me

That's what I'm thinking. A tucked in west of the benchmark bomb. Mostly rain for the coast. North of 84 a paste bomb. And just an all out dump up in the mountains above 1500'

Big PNA spike does give some credence to that idea. I think eventually models will compromise by showing a more organized storm with a good interior hit.

Models are trending MUCH colder.....

If you have doubts that the ingredients for a MECS.. EVEN for NYC and LONG ISLAND just aren't there... I insist you watch Bernies 4pm video

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/trending-now/video/2430839568001/snow-ice-and-rain-to-cause-maj

You may not like him, but he's not an idiot, and he certainly knows more than you or me

Vendor thread please

is this the gut feeling thread ? Gut feeling is banter IMO - and I totally disagree with your gut - all guidance is moving east and colder - have to also consider climatology its still FEB. - Cold enough air and the offshore track does not translate to mostly rain in FEB

Archived