joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Discussion

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you guys weren't expecting that much were you?  Man no wonder why you have 18" more inches than here this season lol.  Geeeeez.   :snowing:

I think there was a 40% chance of snow showers today, no mention of accumulation. It was a surprise. Although the high res models did show some snow today with the HRRR only showing ~0.4" of so falling.

High of 31° here. Snow had a ratio of 11:1.

it's a shame we have this snow on the ground, it's going to be a total mud pit later this week

I have a few dirt roads I need to drive on for work, and this winter has been AWFUL for driving on them. In a normal winter, they would be frozen solid and covered over with a thick layer of snow. This year, with all the thaws and rain... :axe:

Another heavy coating in the books. Total of 9 chemical plow events this month. Still cannot believe how long it has been since a true non marginal accumulating system in our region greater than 3".  I think this winter can be summed up as a couple of cold weekends in the mix of an extended fall.

Got a coating of snow yesterday, just enough to be irritating, but not so much that it needed shoveling, so I just let it clear up on it's own.  I am not sure, but, it seems like throughout January sunny days were at a premium. After this winter, I am really looking forward to spring.  Getting a weather station in the next couple of weeks, so I am looking forward to getting that set up.   

Beautiful day with blue skies and a fresh snow cover.

Friday definitely looks like the warmest day here.

I don't know about 57° in the grid, but mid 40s seem likely. GFS, NAM brings the warm front up to the I-88 corridor and hovers it there through Saturday. Wondering how much of an impact the clouds associated with the low over Superior will have on temperature predictions.

Beautiful day with blue skies and a fresh snow cover.

Friday definitely looks like the warmest day here.

I don't know about 57° in the grid, but mid 40s seem likely. GFS, NAM brings the warm front up to the I-88 corridor and hovers it there through Saturday. Wondering how much of an impact the clouds associated with the low over Superior will have on temperature predictions.

lol

Archived