joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Discussion

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got cleared from back surgery to enjoy my hot tub again. It's 12 degrees, why not?

That's great news on your progress. 

I bet that felt good! 

Been in a hot tub at 20° before with snow a few feet away.

---

Great pictures Josh. No one in the park but you! I've observed that when it's snowing beyond a light snow most everyone outside goes in, but that's when I want to go out for a walk (unless it's a whiteout or something) and take pictures. Usually the people I see walking in the snow, love snow more than the average person.

That's great news on your progress.

I bet that felt good!

Been in a hot tub at 20° before with snow a few feet away.

---

Great pictures Josh. No one in the park but you! I've observed that when it's snowing beyond a light snow most everyone outside goes in, but that's when I want to go out for a walk (unless it's a whiteout or something) and take pictures. Usually the people I see walking in the snow, love snow more than the average person.

Learned a few things; my minimum outdoor windchill for hot tub use is 20, and wear a hat... Hahaha. Also had quite the accumulation of "beard-cicles".

Down to 5/-9 with a WC of -14. Wind occasionally roaring against the Windows. Give me a little snow Sunday, and let's call it a winter.

Learned a few things; my minimum outdoor windchill for hot tub use is 20, and wear a hat... Hahaha. Also had quite the accumulation of "beard-cicles".

Down to 5/-9 with a WC of -14. Wind occasionally roaring against the Windows. Give me a little snow Sunday, and let's call it a winter.

Congrats on the recovery Schaumburg! Probably a huge weight off your chest! I agree, after tomorrow's 2-4" snowfall, let's call it a wrap. This very well could be the last of the single digit temps, huge warmup to end February it seems.

Wow, 6am obs at YYZ -13 with a WC of -40. I don't think it got this cold in 2013-14 or 2014-15.

edit: it did, almost exactly a year ago today. February 15, 2015 had a low temp of -14.

Talk about a perfect setup. Clear skies, some snow on the ground and wind flow directly from the north. Downtown Toronto down to -9 at 6am.

This is the 2nd day this week where morning temperatures have been colder than forecast.

-10 WC -36. That's some damn cold for these parts.

Wow, 6am obs at YYZ -13 with a WC of -40. I don't think it got this cold in 2013-14 or 2014-15.

edit: it did, almost exactly a year ago today. February 15, 2015 had a low temp of -14.

Talk about a perfect setup. Clear skies, some snow on the ground and wind flow directly from the north. Downtown Toronto down to -9 at 6am.

This is the 2nd day this week where morning temperatures have been colder than forecast.

Stunning cold this morning. -17.5 Fahrenheit ( minus 27.5 Celsius) in my backyard. Just...wow!

The 7am and 8am OBS dropped even further, surpassing anything from 13-14 or 14-15. Temperature is -14.8f with a WC of -38.2.

Coldest since Jan 16 1994. Amazing.

At 4am there was a slight breeze and it felt just awful outside. Jumped in the truck and thought to myself dam I not going to miss these parking lot inspection mornings as hopefully spring is just around the corner .... Just got back from washing the truck at the car wash and took a walk around the yard. Man the sun feels so good on your face and back. Time for a nap;)

The 7am and 8am OBS dropped even further, surpassing anything from 13-14 or 14-15. Temperature is -14.8f with a WC of -38.2.

Coldest since Jan 16 1994. Amazing.

Truly an amazingly cold morning for Toronto and southern and central Ontario in general. I think we're going to go for another record tonight.

I think the bit of snowcover made all the difference. I'm thinking EC's high today may be a little ambitious as well.

The overcast above is slowly thickening and lowering.  City lights are increasingly illuminating their underbellies as the ceiling continues to sink Earthward.  Snow should begin here after 2am or so.  Looking forward to looking out the windows and seeing something other than dormant grass and dog crap for a change.

Archived