joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Discussion

HillsdaleMIWeather

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit 58 before caa began.  Back down to 55 now.  May bump back up later but may not make 60.  Still feels great out there despite the howling winds.

Vis satellite shows ice floating away from the northeast IL shoreline.  Pretty cool.  Gonna end up out in the middle by later today with these strong westerlies coming in.

Lol that God forsaken sleet is still around?! That's insane lol.

Sure is, but we're no doubt losing most of it today. Big melt off overnight with the winds and jump in dewpoints. The yard is a swamp. Not sure why Geos thought today wouldn't produce the warmth... Milwaukee's already up to 53.

Sure is, but we're no doubt losing most of it today. Big melt off overnight with the winds and jump in dewpoints. The yard is a swamp. Not sure why Geos thought today wouldn't produce the warmth... Milwaukee's already up to 53.

Clouds. CAA is approaching quickly from the west like Cyclone said. Front just west of Sycamore.

59° right now. Will probably touch 60° in the next hour. Wind ripped the top of my main birdfeeder off a little while ago and blew the neighbors garage cans into my yard. 

wisgif30.gif

A getaway long weekend. Was going to be a snow trip to Marquette but they really do have subpar snow (for them). Thinking they have a foot at most in the city, up to 2 feet in Negaunee. Yes it's more snow than I've seen all winter,but I had more in my own backyard much of the last 2 winters and my snow trips to the U.P. usually entail some epic snow. No time to drive all the way to Keweenaw and the parents are going so have to have things to do lol. I figured i will try to take a longer trip next winter way up. Or rather, hope for a 2013-14 repeat and make a snow trip unecessary :weenie:

You simply ride the highway NW toward Big Bay and they have 4-5 feet.

The Lake is at low elevation and always 1/3rd of what the Huron Mnts have.

No reason to go there, just go spend the weekend in Grand Marais.

you said mid-40s bro, 60 is already widespread

I thought it would be mainly cloudy like yesterday.

In my experience, most mild winter days have a good deal of clouds, but they're usually not this windy either.

Going to enjoy it before the colder air moves in later.  :sun:

LSR has their asos hitting 61mph at 11:17am.

I believe it. 

It's a little dicey being out in my yard right now. There's small limbs and branches falling/flying all over the place.

Neighbor just had their small satellite dish ripped off their house.

Temp has peaked here. Back down to 58°

Archived