• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2016 Discussion

HillsdaleMIWeather

Depends how much sunshine we get over the next 2 days, cement or not, the sun is going to do work. Then once we get to the weekend if the snow pack has been halved we will end up warm still. I do expect it to be windy as well which will help out on snow melting/sublimating.

Forecast has a lot of clouds around here the next couple days.

I think it could be a scenario where Saturday is sort of held in check and maybe Sunday works out well. Should really nuke the pack on Saturday.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping that snowcover won't hold temps back too much this weekend, though with melting probably being somewhat limited in the next couple days, I'd have to think it's going to cap the warmup over what it could be.

What snow cover? My 1" overnight is long gone even though it has been snowing all morning.

What snow cover? My 1" overnight is long gone even though it has been snowing all morning.

:(

fwiw, Gino mentioned it in the afd

STRONG LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP NEAR HUDSON BAY OVER THE WEEKEND  RESULTING IN STRONG WARM AIR ADVECTION AND A HEALTHY WARM UP FOR  THE WEEKEND. GIVEN THE RECENT COOL BIAS IN GUIDANCE KEPT TEMPS  SLIGHTLY ABOVE BLEND GUIDANCE...THOUGH AGAIN EXPECT SNOW COVER  WILL HAVE SIGNIFICANT IMPACTS ON TEMPS THROUGH SATURDAY. HIGH SUN  ANGLE AND PROLONGED PERIOD OF ABOVE FREEZING TEMPS SHOULD TAKE A  HUGE TOLL ON THE SNOW PACK SO THAT NOT MUCH WILL BE LEFT BY SUNDAY  AFTERNOON.  

Had overcast most of the day, with rounds of sunshine for 5-10 minutes. Even had a little burst of snow this morning. However even cloudy skies and 34 degrees is enough to melt some of the snow, already seeing patches of grass, and snowpack is down to 1-2".

That "blizzard" was great, but I'm over this winter. It has been a sleeper.

Today's going to bust, at least on the cloud cover front.

Opaque cirrus has taken over, which was to be expected based on modeled RH fields, but the NWS seemed more optimistic in their mostly sunny forecast. 

That should slow down the melting for those who'll hate to see the snowpack / snowcover go. 

Today's going to bust, at least on the cloud cover front.

Opaque cirrus has taken over, which was to be expected based on modeled RH fields, but the NWS seemed more optimistic in their mostly sunny forecast.

That should slow down the melting for those who'll hate to see the snowpack / snowcover go.

Not a cloud in the sky here in Indiana. Lol

Archived