• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2016 Discussion

HillsdaleMIWeather

Looking forward to a few mood flakes tomorrow morning.  Although some models don't even give us that, so I'm hoping we can at least see a few flurries for awhile.  Here west of the lakes we don't benefit from lake effect flurries on an otherwise "off day" for weather.  Only flakes we see are from passing synoptic crap.

LOL.

Out of a 90 day DJF, probably flakes fall in 75 of those days here,

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toledo was 55 earlier today, this breaks an all-time record of 54, set in 1890. Toledo also has had a peak gust of 39 knots (45mph), so this will likely be one of the strongest wind gusts of the month.

Aren't all-time records, just record highs for that date?

Was watching the PWS maps last night, I was stuck at 36 degrees when webberville was 51, and flint was 54. It was so lame, we only managed to hit 43.7 for a few minutes last night.Would have been nice to get into the warm air for a bit.

Yeah that frontal zone was fairly strong and slow moving which was surprising since there isn't much snow cover if at all in the area between I-96 and M-46.

January in the Midwest-- how warm was it? In the fall, there were lots runs of the CFSv2 that said warm warm warm (for December, January, and February), for the northern half of the country. It didn't really distinguish between months. January turned out to be much closer to average for a lot of the Midwest than December, with a few bitter cold days in the north country.  Chicago had below average temperatures from the 10th to the 21st (all below normal) and all above average for the other days of the month.

a2X9AY7.png

PIqXLAs.jpg

Stunner of a day here!

56 here at DTW also breaks the record.

Didn't make it out of the 30s over on this side of the LP...and was as dreary and gloomy as can be. It got better when the drizzle changed over to snow late this afternoon. :P

Pretty much my whole yard was able to hold on to snow. Lost A LOT, but still have a couple inches.

January in the Midwest-- how warm was it? In the fall, there were lots runs of the CFSv2 that said warm warm warm (for December, January, and February), for the northern half of the country. It didn't really distinguish between months. January turned out to be much closer to average for a lot of the Midwest than December, with a few bitter cold days in the north country.  Chicago had below average temperatures from the 10th to the 21st (all below normal) and all above average for the other days of the month.

a2X9AY7.png

That map is really accurate, we finished at +2.0F Just north of lansing.

Saw a few windswept flakes pass by the street lights a little while ago as I took the trash out to the curb.  Stars were shining above as this was happening.  Maybe I was hallucinating, not sure.  Each flake is precious this season, so even a few rogue flurries can set the heart a fluttering like a first date with a new chic.

some stats for January.

wow at Munising's 72" for the month.  47" IMBY... close to average I suspect.

attachicon.gif12642560_1209343229095566_4518573343244193640_n.jpg

Some nice totals there. I thought you guys would have received a little bit more than that. We have been struggling at my location for snow, but the usually snowbelts have been doing decent south of here. Perrysburg received 83" in January. They are still running really below normal and haven't hit 100" for the season yet.

Archived