Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
GHD III possible Winter Storm February 1st-3rd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a ****ing joke. But they know what sells...hype.

They want people in Detroit and Chicago to be glued to their tv screens for the next 6 days.

Would be hilarious if it verified though.

The Flowers map is ridiculous above also, looks like it is from his December 28th pre-storm archive.

WPC's map right now.

hazards_d3_7_contours.png

They want people in Detroit and Chicago to be glued to their tv screens for the next 6 days.

Would be hilarious if it verified though.

The Flowers map is ridiculous above also, looks like it is from his December 28th pre-storm archive.

WPC's map right now.

hazards_d3_7_contours.png

0.0000000000000000003% chance of verifying, mostly for Chicago. I don't think a single model run (save for the reject DGEX) has shown more than 3 onset mood flakes for Detroit.

On a more scientific note. There was definitely a difference between the heights above the storm on the 18z run vs. the 12z run.

gfs_z500_mslp_us_26.png

gfs_z500_mslp_us_28.png

Notice the other thing though, high to the east is now 5mb stronger leading to more cold air pulled in from the east for places like here and toward Toronto.

Geez, people.  There are too many smart guys in here that immediately fell for a snow map that is obviously not for the upcoming storm.

I'm not optimistic this storm will track far enough southeast to drop the heavier band around here.  There just hasn't been any cold air ahead of these big systems this winter.  The system shouldn't have much trouble pulling the warm air up into southeast Iowa.

Geez, people. There are too many smart guys in here that immediately fell for a snow map that is obviously not for the upcoming storm.

I'm not optimistic this storm will track far enough southeast to drop the heavier band around here. There just hasn't been any cold air ahead of these big systems this winter. The system shouldn't have much trouble pulling the warm air up into southeast Iowa.

Good post

I was thinking that today. Why wouldn't it stay west. No cold air in place. It's acting like it's late November or early December type storm.

Archived