wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
GHD III possible Winter Storm February 1st-3rd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parallel Euro cut off early on in the run (at least on wxbell) so can't tell much from it.  

At this point I'd feel better if I were in the northwest half of IA up through WI, but it's still not too late for some of us further southeast.

I think the H5 picture unfolding off the CA coast between 84-120 hints at potential further digging...there is a lot of energy going into the base of that trough

We have the DGEX, JMA, NAVGEM, and Ukie on board for MBY....what more do you need???

GFS looking good out west at 500 thru H108

4 corners SLP at H114....still digging

it's digging like we need but the lead wave didn't do enough to take down heights further east, it's going to cut really west hard and should be another bomb

If this comes to fruition to a significant event for Milwaukee and/or Chicago, Groundhog Day will be looked upon very favorably on this board. Of course, you have the irony of the movie 'Groundhog Day's being set in Woodstock and centered around a weatherman forecasting a big blizzard.

Yeah, I'll take it. 11/20 was awesome. Great lead up all week, first flakes fell after work day ended, Friday night, death band, etc... But another GHD would be icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Nice front end thump setup on the 12z GFS verbatim north of I-80 in Illinois on Tuesday. Looks like sleet/ice to rain south of I-80 down to parts of central IL. Potential for high end advisory/low end warning criteria snow amounts before dry slot arrives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice front end thump setup on the 12z GFS verbatim north of I-80 in Illinois on Tuesday. Looks like sleet/ice to rain south of I-80 down to parts of central IL. Potential for high end advisory/low end warning criteria snow amounts before dry slot arrives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think we can do better

I think we can do better

Agreed. I like that the Sunday wave stayed strong and kept baroclinic zone farther south prior to precip arrival, with dry ~1030 mb sfc high north of the GL. Key is getting wave to dig farther south and east so we can get WAA + deformation snows like whats currently being modeled further N & W. I'd take the GFS run as a consolation prize though.

Archived