Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
GHD III possible Winter Storm February 1st-3rd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geos posted that map. Geos is a reliable poster who I trust. I apologize for nothing.

I thought it was a weenie map they drew up. So I grabbed it from another forum. I thought it was appropriate coming from them.

The reactions in here were pretty good.  :lmao:

Interesting to see how much stronger the NAM is on the initial system on Sunday....wonder how that may affect things later on.  GFS is much more diffuse on this wave of energy...This storm alone on the NAM would be significant....

namconus_ref_us_28.png

That's huge. It looks close up and a lot more compact than the GFS has it.

Interesting to see how much stronger the NAM is on the initial system on Sunday....wonder how that may affect things later on.  GFS is much more diffuse on this wave of energy...This storm alone on the NAM would be significant....

namconus_ref_us_28.png

FWIW, the DGEX is essentially the long range NAM with the GFS' resolution.

NAM strong with the first system is unsurprising. We all know it's bias is to oversimplify at this range. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the GGEM do this as well.

Now if others follow suit, then we might have something.

Surprised the DGEX doesn't have widespread 2' amounts.

meh.. This thing looks like garbage for most.

That vort over the central Canadian Prairies at 120 looks ugly. It's stronger and more aggressive this run. Earlier phase would not be good.

edit: yeah, this is not going to end well for most.

The writing was on the wall the minute it ejected into the Plains north of Amarillo. Would need a strong high to the north to prevent it from going into the unknown which it is doing..

Not saying it stays on that course. Shouldn't have a decent handle on that till we are fully in the 120hr/day 5 time frame.

Archived