joxey
GHD III possible Winter Storm February 1st-3rd

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have whatever the DGEX is smoking

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/DGEXEAST_18z/dgexloop.html

This is a different solution, the GFS tries to shoot a low out ahead of the main system, that is what the DGEX is blowing up. In turn there ends up being no big system as the energy shears out behind this low that shoots out. It is an unlikely solution though.

Just put me in a straight jacket if the DGEX ends up being right and most of this misses me to the southeast...haha

Lol, I don't think that's happening.

Hopefully the low won't want to go up the lake and just continue on towards Lake Huron.

Lol, I don't think that's happening.

Hopefully the low won't want to go up the lake and just continue on towards Lake Huron.

Hopefully Lake Erie will pull it in rather than Lake Michigan. I think having a lake stretch so far from north to south really messes with the storm track. More so than many talk about.

I imagine our two options are a northwest track with a strong storm of heavy snow in Iowa/northern WI,UP.....or a track southeast like the DGEX and GEFS show and a weaker system. Seeing how systems have been, if it takes the southeast route, it will probably be lame and not nearly as strong as a northern Great Lakes hit.

Archived