Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG SAFEWAY ROOF COLLAPSE IN BEL AIR NORTH
1/23: FDs and TRT are working a structural roof collapse at the Safeway store on Brierhill Drive in Bel Air. All employees are accounted for. FD doing a check for any customers. Primary check was negative. NO injuries reported at this time. Responding units are having a difficult time accessing the scene due to the road conditions. RichG/JennC/MikeL

1/23: FDs and TRT are working a structural roof collapse at the Safeway store on Brierhill Drive in Bel Air. All employees are accounted for. FD doing a check for any customers. Primary check was negative. NO injuries reported at this time. Responding units are having a difficult time accessing the scene due to the road conditions. RichG/JennC/MikeL

Imagine if this snow was wetter...

where are friggen snow plows

THAT'S THE SAFEWAY I GO TO! HOLY ****

24 inches for me as of 4:00 - picked up four inches in last two hours - the drifts are awe-inspiring - give me four more hours of this and I can get to 30 - most I have ever experienced was feb 5, 2010 and measured 26 at my house in Hamilton for that one - I think I can beat that.

ETA: Roland park area balt city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's right around the corner from my parents and in laws.

This is my #2 storm now, beating out 1996 and 2010.

My #1 remains PD 1979, living in northern Calvert County, which was the jackpot by far with 30-35" of snow and several hours of the most violent blizzard I have ever seen.  We got 6" in one hour at one point, and winds howled at 50-60 mph.  Drifts were 6-8 feet deep.

I agree with you, living in Waldorf the PD1 blizzard is still far and away the best winter storm ever and the only true blizzard of my life.

This is the best storm to ever hit DC. This is everybody on the board's GOAT storm.

Not everyone's. I was in a dry spot for 7 hours after getting 13 inches by 5 a.m. I was well on my way to getting 2' but things didn't work out. The guys who live in the counties along the western shore of the bay would probably pick another storm. This one is still awesome for DC folks and eve9ryone NW of 95, congrats to them. I just wish I could of shared in on the fun. I stayed up for 48 hrs tracking the storm and watching and measuring and only took a nap after being in their dryslot for hours.

I would have to pick for my area Feb 5-6 2010, January 1996 and PD2 ahead of this one because I got more snow during those storms.

Archived