Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a few pics I took. There is not a whole lot of areas around my house I can get to. I am 6 feet tall and the snow comes up to my crotch while trying to walk in it:

attachicon.gifFront porch view Blizzard of 2016.jpg

View from my front porch. There are 3 cars in my driveway including an F150 which is behind the drift you see.

attachicon.gif20160123_132828.jpg

View from the edge of my driveway. Drift on one of my cars is to the right. Neighbors house across the street. This drift is 8 feet high.

attachicon.gif20160123_132712.jpg

Other side of drift. There is a car under there that my ass has to dig out tomorrow. Ridiculous.

I will take more pics once the snow stops. But as of right now it's still dumping. Next measurement at 3:00

Great pictures. Similar situation around my house - I went out about an hour and a half ago to take measurements, and it was not an easy task (drifts making it worse).

Was really hoping for DCA to hit 20. I knew even if things worked out, it wouldn't break the 28 inch record as low temp and snowfall records at national are almost impossible given its location. There's still a chance of a couple more inches though. Maybe 17 inches? That's not bad.

DCA will surpass 20".....and then some...

Heres a few pics I took. There is not a whole lot of areas around my house I can get to. I am 6 feet tall and the snow comes up to my crotch while trying to walk in it:

attachicon.gifFront porch view Blizzard of 2016.jpg

View from my front porch. There are 3 cars in my driveway including an F150 which is behind the drift you see.

attachicon.gif20160123_132828.jpg

View from the edge of my driveway. Drift on one of my cars is to the right. Neighbors house across the street. This drift is 8 feet high.

attachicon.gif20160123_132712.jpg

Other side of drift. There is a car under there that my ass has to dig out tomorrow. Ridiculous.

I will take more pics once the snow stops. But as of right now it's still dumping. Next measurement at 3:00

If I find a way to get up there - your snow removal problem is solved. Period.

Archived