joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over a foot of snow on the ground already, least another foot expected. Just shoveled out my front walk, because we couldn't even open the front door, and I didn't want to bother waiting for my LL to do it.

Also some ***hole was out driving and got stuck on my street in a little Prius. Right ahead of the plows. Luckily he was able to back out, then the plows came thru.

Breaks southeast of NYC are filling in. The deformation zone overall may weaken a bit over time, but it will start pivoting back east, and there might be another 10" on top of what's on the ground already. Liking what I'm seeing so far. How was the coastal flooding? I see it was very bad in the southern half of NJ near Atlantic City. 

EDIT: Wow, seeing the surge came over Sandy's level down there. Keep in mind, these are areas at or south of the landfall point, where surge was much less of a problem than north of there. 

Breaks southeast of NYC are filling in. The deformation zone overall may weaken a bit over time, but it will start pivoting back east, and there might be another 10" on top of what's on the ground already. Liking what I'm seeing so far. How was the coastal flooding? I see it was very bad in the southern half of NJ near Atlantic City. 

Yeah, its tough to know when that will occur but the band always weakens as it collapses back SE, in 1996 it massively weakened and then re-strengthened a bit over LI.  In 2006 places in far ERN Queens saw nothing of the likes of what LGA/NYC had as the band weakened as it crossed into Nassau.  In this case it has looked like weakening won't occur til some point over LI.

Archived