Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What to watch is continued look on radar and HRRR trends and meso analysis. That will dictate trends. As myself and others said yesterday, s coast under the gun and we need to watch this up to pike area.

You know what I mean... variables other than just waiting for next model run or watching radar... what to monitor in terms of the mechanics of why this would bust either way

Looks like 6z NAM continues ticking north, 0.5 qpf to your back yard, Cape Cod legit gets into the comma head of the low right at the benchmark 24-27 hours

You know what I mean... variables other than just waiting for next model run or watching radar... what to monitor in terms of the mechanics of why this would bust either way

Looks like 6z NAM continues ticking north, 0.5 qpf to your back yard, Cape Cod legit gets into the comma head of the low right at the benchmark 24-27 hours

Ironic...all we have heard about is how large of a circulation this major, bad a$$ blizzard has, yet it is ging to cross the BM and supposedly drop jack $hit throughout most of sne?

Ok....

Well the mesoanalysis will help show frontogenesis. I don't think pressure falls or anything like that will help unless it's a huge change from what we expect.

ALY, BOX, And Upton keep upping the totals for all us north, but, watch the radar returns and you can see the "brick wall" as heavy returns getting eroded as they push north. I've been under virga for the last 3 hours and only strong winds. Anyone have buoy data? Where are the pressure drops, and is the slp going ENE or NE? Thanks on my phone can't see that data.

Just looking through the Nowcast models, the RAP and HRRR have a nice OES contribution look right along the immediate coast for the BOS folks.

Look at the narrow small meso-scale bands right on the Mass coastline...those are probably the wildcards for that area.  They look narrow but I'm sure mean business if you get under a finger band.

I love how everything has trended north but GC is still shut out. Off to drive to the mountain in a 50 year old car to ski. ...if I see a flake, I'm out. Enjoy your storm.

It is a little (just a little) easier when you know you have absolutely no shot.  So its not like dangling a carrot in front of you the whole time. 

This is the new Western New England climate for the past 4 years or so ;)

Archived