Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Meteorological Super Bowl During AFC Championship? 1/23-1/24, Part II

CapturedNature

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the low right now? OBX?

It looks to be in the Norfolk VA area.  The winds there in the last hour backed into the E from the NE, and the winds at Elizabeth City NC in the past hour went from SE to W.  Also pressure in the last hour is unchanged at Elizabeth City, where it had been falling rapidly.

What a crazy storm....who would have thought Nammy would pull through

Lets be careful.  Pulling through would be like 2 feet in all of southern new england, at least from its first glance.  That said, it is comical that it actually was correct.  I'm still not clear on what totals will be in southern new england / ct / RI / SE mass, and I'm not sure the NAM is clear on that either.

Lets be careful.  Pulling through would be like 2 feet in all of southern new england, at least from its first glance.  That said, it is comical that it actually was correct.  I'm still not clear on what totals will be in southern new england / ct / RI / SE mass, and I'm not sure the NAM is clear on that either.

Agree......was saying along the lines of track etc.

For the most part I'd say there's finally a consensus on distribution of QPF across SNE. Highest totals along south coast with some bumps in SE MA for Plymouth and possibly Bristol counties. I mean one would hope so about 12-15 hours from the start of the event, but we probably won't know for sure until a few days after. Only then we will be able to truly asses what the hell happened. 

Trying to figure out why ppl are so worried about dry air eating away at some of the precip, essentially virga, but looking at the DP's throughout NE, their not all that bad, as I thought it would be hrs before the column got saturated and  precip began to fall but that doesnt seem to be the case throughout the area except maybe PVD where its 28/8, which would take some time I'd imagine.

Definitely excited to be a part of such an exciting, possibly Historic for some, weather event!  

Gppd Luck to all, especially those on the fringes!

Archived