• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

The Iceman

Just got up from my 3 hour POWERSNOOZE (pulled an all nighter last night) and "Oh yeah!!!". Round 3 here (2 dry slots today) is going strong - heavy snow, woo hoo! Gonna get suited back up and head outside for a spell. 24F which is about 3 degrees cooler than at 1 pm.

As others have sad, congrats to all the major jackpotters today, especially those farther north who it wasn't looking as good for a couple of days ago!

My goal here is to get to 20" which will still be at the high end of what was expected a couple of days ago. Had 15" at 1 pm when it had gotten pretty light, so we shall see.

Looks great outside!

I'm not far away from you,and we're in the same band now.  

This looks like it's falling at a clip of 1-3"/hr.  It wouldn't shock me to pick up an additional 4-8" from this by the time it passes through.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smaller deathband still drifting over the area.  Vis down to about 1/4 mile and alot of blowing and drifting. Winds shifting between NE and N. Getting close to puking snow but not yet like earlier today but still moderate and piling up big time out there again.  Expect we are closing in on 20" for the event so far.  Haven't heard any plow trains at all out there and no cars on the street (saw a cop car a couple hours ago but that was about it).

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
434 PM EST SAT JAN 23 2016

...A MAJOR WINTER STORM WILL CONTINUE TO HAMMER THE REGION
THROUGH THIS EVENING...

THE LAST HEAVY BAND OF SNOW WILL PIVOT EASTWARD THROUGH THE REGION
LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR
UNDER THIS BAND.

NAM was like the only model that predicted the heavy , consistent band in northern NJ...rotating into north-eastern PA. Which has basically been happening all day today.

Hats off to the NAM, it kicked ass.

The NAM dethroned King Joffrey (the Euro) with this storm

Under the death band for hours. 4" an hour rates. 20" fell between 7 am and 5 pm. Measured 29" on average. Don't know how much more to expect but this is officially the biggest snowfall in my life. Btw it's still cranking out there. Done shoveling for today. I'm pooped.

Just got up from my 3 hour POWERSNOOZE (pulled an all nighter last night) and "Oh yeah!!!". Round 3 here (2 dry slots today) is going strong - heavy snow, woo hoo! Gonna get suited back up and head outside for a spell. 24F which is about 3 degrees cooler than at 1 pm.

As others have sad, congrats to all the major jackpotters today, especially those farther north who it wasn't looking as good for a couple of days ago!

My goal here is to get to 20" which will still be at the high end of what was expected a couple of days ago. Had 15" at 1 pm when it had gotten pretty light, so we shall see.

Looks great outside!

Up to 27.5" now in Warminster. Heaviest snowfall of the storm. Nice encore!

Well I made it through til about 6:30am when halftime hit (courtesy of dry slot #1)...

Then i too took a three hour power nap

glad you did some measuring in my general area Ralph as I have no friggin idea how much actually fell vs drifted!!

Current whiteout..probably heaviest of the storm for me!

Wow. Is all I can say.

At 1 o'clock we were at 21.2. With 3-4" per hour bands since then, complete whiteout, gotta be pushing 30 here in Allentown! Back Roads are completely blown shut 6-10' feet high. The grader is warming up now with the V Plow on it, main roads are bad, card abandoned everywhere, trucks everywhere, 78 is awful, but there's no traffic thankfully. Just stopped in for a bite to eat before I head back out wanted to give you fellas the low down. One word for this storm. CRIPPLING. This will take days to clean up. Looks like radar is starting to collapse, figuring another 3-4" before it wraps up.

post-3309-145358651971.jpgpost-3309-145358653226.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not far away from you,and we're in the same band now.  

This looks like it's falling at a clip of 1-3"/hr.  It wouldn't shock me to pick up an additional 4-8" from this by the time it passes through.

Yeah, it's snowing almost as hard as it was last night at the peak, using the house across the street "yardstick", which is 500 feet from here. I can still see it but barely. Gonna go shovel a bit then take some measurements.

Well I made it through til about 6:30am when halftime hit (courtesy of dry slot #1)...

Then i too took a three hour power nap

glad you did some measuring in my general area Ralph as I have no friggin idea how much actually fell vs drifted!!

Current whiteout..probably heaviest of the storm for me!

Good it was only 3 hours - 2 years ago (Feb. 12th/13th, 2014) I did the same thing and after a couple of hours of shoveling 12" of rained-on snow, I took a nap that lasted 10 hours! Missed all the excitement (in the early evening) of the changeover back to snow, the lightning, etc. It was well documented in here of course :-).

Archived