Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting

Ian

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at 3.5" Mitch. Don't worry it looks like we are going to be hit hard for awhile. Just check out the stuff coming up east of DC. There is even heavier precip behind that.

Nah, not worried at all. I was eyeballing it and try to be conservative. Whatever BWI reports I usually accept unless it's marginal temps, when I can do surprisingly better on occasion.

This first stuff is classic leading edge mid level WAA/fronto stuff as shown in SPC mesoanalysis.

attachicon.gifH7fronto.JPG

However look SW. This is where our good theta-e injection is happening with good LLJ and WAA near 850.

attachicon.gif850ADV.JPG

This area will get entrained into the mid level circulations and aid in heavy snow later tonight and tomorrow as the 800-600 back bent WF develops.

attachicon.gif7fronto.JPG

With the dryslot moving in, as you can see by - LIs moving into the bay, there may be some TSSN in spots tomorrow..especially if the mid levels really go to town.

attachicon.gifTSSN.JPG

ALl in all, I expect quite the wake up tomorrow in the DC=BWI area.

Thank You SO MUCH! Now I know why I have been doing pretty well tonight.

This is the storm of a Lifetime; thanks so much for explaining it so well.

Nah, not worried at all. I was eyeballing it and try to be conservative. Whatever BWI reports I usually accept unless it's marginal temps, when I can do surprisingly better on occasion.

Yeah. The only model that showed mixing today for us east of 95 was the 4km NAM. If we get sleet for a time then so be it. I'm hoping we get near the dry slot but not in it and experience some thundersnow.

Archived