joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I haven't been up on that part of campus since the snow started, so efforts to get me to jump up and down in front of the camera at a given time may not have worked :lol:

About 3.5" here so far. Flake size has really diminished the last hour or so, and the snow will probably lighten up as well as the lift on the nose of the warm conveyor belt shifts east over the next couple of hours. Later tonight the RAP and HRRR have enough lift from some mid-level deform and PVA on the NW side of the closed low aloft to get light to moderate snow going again for a few hours. Thinking we get another 2"...maybe 3" if we're lucky...for storm totals right near 6".

Think Philly/NJ wind up the winners. NAM really hinting on a wicked trowal/fronto band in this area.

edit: hmmm...maybe even NYC if they can avoid fighting the dry air to the north.

That was my first thought as well, but a solution similar to the RGEM is also just as possible. 

Can someon given me a blow by blow of the HRRR for SE OH tonight? I can't handl that right now.

In your location the 3z is showing 5-6" more. The snow hangs in SE OH pretty much until the end up the run at 18z tomorrow.

4km NAM

acckucherasnowma.png

the nam has already busted in Northern Virgina.........nasty dryslot.

What are you talking about?! This migh be my bitterness in getting whiffed talking, but do you EVER have the first clue what you're talking about? Northern Virginia is getting absolutely destroyed by band after band and you're talking about a dry slot? There's no pattern you like, no storm you like no model you like..,.Virginia gets crushed by 3 feet of snow and you think the storm sucks and they're getting dry slotted! WTF?! Mods, please feel free to delete this if I've crossed the line, but at some point you have to say W T F!

In your location the 3z is showing 5-6" more. The snow hangs in SE OH pretty much until the end up the run at 18z tomorrow.

4km NAM

acckucherasnowma.png

Thank you :)

Trying to leave by noon to go to Cleveland. I'm shocked Athens County hasn't closed the roads, everything covered in snow and rutted out. We're at about 5" and it has the consistency of sand...still snowing

This will go down as my best Athens storm thus far (best to date was 6.5" in early February 2014, the 10-12" storm last March occurred during Spring break). A little over 6" at my apartment so far...flake size has struggled but it has been snowing steadily all night and has increased the last couple hours as we've gotten into the deform on the NW side of the storm...should get another inch or two. I busted low on this one but that's OK. One of the snowier Friday nights on Court Street you'll see, but that didn't slow too many people down.

Archived