joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. There are still some red flags for big amounts here...the best band of fgen snow later today may stay just south and I'm worried about a possible subsidence screw hole north of that band. Also, the best lift may overshoot the bulk of the DGZ for a lot of the event, and temps won't be far from freezing until late this evening. I'm sticking with 3-6" here and we should sneak into that at least, but it may take a stroke of luck to get near the high end. Still will be my biggest snow of the winter so far as long as I get 2.2" :lol:

Doesn't look like it's going to move much further north than say southern Pickaway County.  The northern edge is just being eaten away.  I-70 may not even see a flake.  The decent returns over Athens are only producing light snow.

was just going to post the same thing.  Not only does radar look terrible, the HRRR basically shuts out anyone north of i70.   Oh well expectations were at a 2 for this anyways.  

edit:  folks north of I-70 to the east of CMH should get at least something.

I have friends who moved to Lexington, KY this past fall. They're sending me pics of the snow down there. Rip city. Very nice.

Looks like LEX might be malfunctioning a bit (precip totals). Or it's the end of times storm down there. :D

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KLEX.html

this is definitely a bluegrass blitz...they've hit the weenie lotto twice now in less than a year.

was just going to post the same thing.  Not only does radar look terrible, the HRRR basically shuts out anyone north of i70.   Oh well expectations were at a 2 for this anyways.  

edit:  folks north of I-70 to the east of CMH should get at least something.

Yeah, maybe Zanesville to points east, but I don't even think Newark sees anything of mention.

Archived