joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Debra spot

Ginx snewx

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the prospect of a couple of incoming moderate storm is nice, ATM I'm feeling I can't take any more 40's + 50's rain drizzle **** any longer. This reminds me of April/May which are my least favorite months here. GEt this **** out a my site...and don't tell me that a strong So Nino pattern's returning in 2 weeks. Thanks.

A place for every Debbie Downer, negative nellie to complain, biatch,piss and moan about how the weather has and will screw you. Please post here, not in model threads.

NLj6a13.jpg

I am on the verge of meltdown.  I generally do not get emotionally invested in weather, I completely understand that there is nothing I can do or say to change anything and I understand that life continues unabated despite any desires I may have for a particular type of weather.  Having said that, I am so ****ing sick of living in a perpetual state of November.  Stick season is generally the the most drab and lifeless part of the year.  I ****ing hate this.  Even if I were to "write off" winter, I still have two months of crap to deal with before you can even think about outdoor activities.  Because of some stuff that has happened in my personal life over the last couple of months, I am probably more sensitive to the depressing drabness that we have been enveloped in but I have had it and if there were anyone to file an official complaint with I would do it.  Since there isn't, I will just have to vent my despair to a group of anonymous people on a weather board.  

Is this the correct thread for melting or should I start a meltdown specific thread?

I am on the verge of meltdown.  I generally do not get emotionally invested in weather, I completely understand that there is nothing I can do or say to change anything and I understand that life continues unabated despite any desires I may have for a particular type of weather.  Having said that, I am so ****ing sick of living in a perpetual state of November.  Stick season is generally the the most drab and lifeless part of the year.  I ****ing hate this.  Even if I were to "write off" winter, I still have two months of crap to deal with before you can even think about outdoor activities.  Because of some stuff that has happened in my personal life over the last couple of months, I am probably more sensitive to the depressing drabness that we have been enveloped in but I have had it and if there were anyone to file an official complaint with I would do it.  Since there isn't, I will just have to vent my despair to a group of anonymous people on a weather board.  

Is this the correct thread for melting or should I start a meltdown specific thread?

I'm right there with you.  There is nothing I can do about it and there are more important things in life then snow otg but man WNE has a force field up right now.

If you drew a line from Lenox MA to Concord NH almost every weenie NW of it could sing a song of woe that has lyrics derived from several years of ENE snow envy. 

It really has been perpetual November.  People in Franklin Co MA and Windham Co VT are tapping sugar maples and their is almost zero snow cover in the higher elevations.  I drove through Savoy SF yesterday, which is the retention capital of MA, and it was about 25% snow cover. I've never seen that this far into winter.  Greenfield Winter Carnival is this weekend.  There certainly won't be cardboard sled races, sleigh rides, skating or snow shoeing.  Maybe we can get some low clouds tomorrow night to FU the fireworks which is the only event really left.

I'm really just waiting for one of the mets to chime in and tell us how this pattern that, to date, has given WNE more inches of rain than snow will also result in a cool gray spring right through memorial day.  That coffin nail would pretty much be when I start hiding walkers at nursing homes and riding crowded buses just to fart.

I am on the verge of meltdown. I generally do not get emotionally invested in weather, I completely understand that there is nothing I can do or say to change anything and I understand that life continues unabated despite any desires I may have for a particular type of weather. Having said that, I am so ****ing sick of living in a perpetual state of November. Stick season is generally the the most drab and lifeless part of the year. I ****ing hate this. Even if I were to "write off" winter, I still have two months of crap to deal with before you can even think about outdoor activities. Because of some stuff that has happened in my personal life over the last couple of months, I am probably more sensitive to the depressing drabness that we have been enveloped in but I have had it and if there were anyone to file an official complaint with I would do it. Since there isn't, I will just have to vent my despair to a group of anonymous people on a weather board.

Nice melt. Don't stop. Let it out.

Although the prospect of a couple of incoming moderate storm is nice, ATM I'm feeling I can't take any more 40's + 50's rain drizzle **** any longer. This reminds me of April/May which are my least favorite months here. GEt this **** out a my site...and don't tell me that a strong So Nino pattern's returning in 2 weeks. Thanks.

The fraud "H5 posers" are the worst weeks....when you have to listen to everyone waxing poetic about the amplitude of a trough that is destined to produce about as efficiently as the able bodied segment of the SSDI applicant pool.

Entire campaigns aimed at applying lipstick to a pig; they employ such evasive tactics as airing advertisements to promote QPF charts without affixing a time period....."vote February 2016"......here is a QPF chart denoting 1" of liquid amid arctic chill"....then in whispers about as audible as the snowshovels of the powderfreak and mreave's of the world across N. Vermont, and as quick as a scooter-$hit streak darting through se Quebec, they murmur some incomprehensible jargon regarding how "these QPF charts are totals throughout the entire 10 day period, and they may or may not verify-there are no guarantees that you will ever actually receive observable and measurable snowfall on the ground at any one moment, or so much as conceive of a shovel".

"VOTE FEBRUARY 2016", they boisterifously remind you, as the advertisement draws to a close with the reminder that this message was paid for by Damage In Tolland and Ginxy.

The fraud "H5 posers" are the worst weeks....when you have to listen to everyone waxing poetic about the amplitude of a trough that is destined to produce about as efficiently as the able bodied segment of the SSDI applicant pool.

Entire campaigns aimed at applying lipstick to a pig; they employ such evasive tactics as airing advertisements to promote QPF charts without affixing a time period....."vote February 2016"......here is a QPF chart denoting 1" of liquid amid arctic chill"....then in whispers about as audible as the snowshovels of the powderfreak and mreave's of the world across N. Vermont, and as quick as a scooter-$hit streak darting through se Quebec, they murmur some incomprehensible jargon regarding how "these QPF charts are totals throughout the entire 10 day period, and they may or may not verify-there are no guarantees that you will ever actually receive observable and measurable snowfall on the ground at any one moment, or so much as conceive of a shovel".

"VOTE FEBRUARY 2016", they boisterifously reminds you, as the advertisement draws to a close with the reminder that this message was paid for by Damage In Tolland and Ginxy.

Awesome.

Endless November is the correct way to describe it. It is ****ing horrendous and that is all there is to it. Our Goose is cooked.

Entire campaigns aimed at applying lipstick to a pig; they employ such evasive tactics as airing advertisements to promote QPF charts without affixing a time period....."vote February 2016"......here is a QPF chart denoting 1" of liquid amid arctic chill"....then in whispers about as audible as the snowshovels of the powderfreak and mreave's of the world across N. Vermont, and as quick as a scooter-$hit streak darting through se Quebec, they murmur some incomprehensible jargon regarding how "these QPF charts are totals throughout the entire 10 day period, and they may or may not verify-there are no guarantees that you will ever actually receive observable and measurable snowfall on the ground at any one moment, or so much as conceive of a shovel".

"VOTE FEBRUARY 2016", they boisterifously remind you, as the advertisement draws to a close with the reminder that this message was paid for by Damage In Tolland and Ginxy.

This was fantastic lol. Haha.

The fraud prognosticator whose whole thesis dissertation is designed to draw attention to his skill at the long range using a myriad of teleconnections, analogs. He then blames luck as the reason for its failure using a metric he himself judges his forecast on.

Brought to you by 40/70

I thought I made quite a few posts to the effect that that is part of the game....any why it would be considered a failure still :lol:

Like you calling this Jan 2011 even if it fails to produce.

I don't know if I can say the word **** enough to adequately express my bitterness and resentment towards this winter. And spare me the crap about being emotionally invested in stuff we have no control over etc. I know that there is nothing anyone can do to change it. And yes, I don't give a **** about the futility record or the "fascinating" meteorological evolution of a pattern or system, I just want some snow so I can do stuff and so it's not so ****ing awful looking outside. If there was one season I would leave Vermont for It would be the drab, lifeless part of the year between snow and leaves. I was thinking about my perpetual November analogy and think it's wrong. At least November brings with it the hope of a snowy winter to come, this **** just promises 2-3 more months of ****ing awfulness.

Edit to add: I don't even care about big systems either. I like a big storm as muc as the next guy, but my thing has always been pack and retention. Last year was a great year for that. We never got by storms but it stuck around. It was great for outdoor activities. So I'm not looking for an HECS, moderate events are fine.

I don't know if I can say the word **** enough to adequately express my bitterness and resentment towards this winter. And spare me the crap about being emotionally invested in stuff we have no control over etc. I know that there is nothing anyone can do to change it. And yes, I don't give a **** about the futility record or the "fascinating" meteorological evolution of a pattern or system, I just want some snow so I can do stuff and so it's not so ****ing awful looking outside. If there was one season I would leave Vermont for It would be the drab, lifeless part of the year between snow and leaves. I was thinking about my perpetual November analogy and think it's wrong. At least November brings with it the hope of a snowy winter to come, this **** just promises 2-3 more months of ****ing awfulness.

Edit to add: I don't even care about big systems either. I like a big storm as muc as the next guy, but my thing has always been pack and retention. Last year was a great year for that. We never got by storms but it stuck around. It was great for outdoor activities. So I'm not looking for an HECS, moderate events are fine.

Let it out man, let it out. 

Forget HECS and even moderate events... lets just work on getting 2-3" in one push of moisture. 

On the bright side, I'm thinking that when we get an even normal winter it is going to seem incredible.  Normal snowfall will feel so snowy, it'll feel like we moved to the mountains of Vermont! 

Just think about normal, which currently is 1.7" per day at MMNV1 with 0.19" of liquid.  Think of how snowy that would feel, getting a couple tenths of QPF per day instead of per week or more.  I can't even imagine a winter that averages 12-14" per week, ALL WINTER LONG!  Haha, heck measuring by my snowboard the average is more like 14-18" per week across the high els...every single week from Dec-Mar. 

I just think it'll feel so snowy, so there is some upside to this, lol.  Just wait till a 2007-2008 or 2000-2001 rolls through with like 375-425" at the area mountains.  In December 2007 alone we had 120" of snow, almost double our current Oct-Jan total. 

I was just thinking, maybe we should just rename this thread the WNE Winter thread.

That would work.  

I've calmed myself by watching the pure joy my pre-schooler gets out of the few inches we got Friday but I'll be on the rant bus again shortly.  It wouldn't be as painful if I could at least drive to decent ski conditions but every area within and hour of me are screwed. 

I thought I made quite a few posts to the effect that that is part of the game....any why it would be considered a failure still :lol:

Like you calling this Jan 2011 even if it fails to produce.

Links because pretty sure I said the Euro Ens run had a familiar look you said Jan 11 and I said yep.

So who in our NNE crew is least likely to have a meltdown? I've melted. PF has, I believe, albeit to a lesser extent than I did. Eyewall starts melting in December. Lava Rock has the Maine contingent covered and Dryslot has his scheduled for a week or so from now. In NH, Dendrite had a self professed mini-melt the other week and Gene seems be on the verge pretty regularly. My vote for least likely among our regular posters though is J Spin. He seems to be very even keeled and has even found a bit of snow on Mansfield to take nice pictures of. I think if and when he melts we know the end of the world is upon us.

So who in our NNE crew is least likely to have a meltdown? I've melted. PF has, I believe, albeit to a lesser extent than I did. Eyewall starts melting in December. Lava Rock has the Maine contingent covered and Dryslot has his scheduled for a week or so from now. In NH, Dendrite had a self professed mini-melt the other week and Gene seems be on the verge pretty regularly. My vote for least likely among our regular posters though is J Spin. He seems to be very even keeled and has even found a bit of snow on Mansfield to take nice pictures of. I think if and when he melts we know the end of the world is upon us.

I'm doing just fine.

Archived