• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Pattern Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Lol...getting emotional about a system during the long-predicted mild spell being rain. IF we get snow from that, it's totally gravy. That Feb 20-22 period has never looked wintry since the ensembles could see it.

Yeah this week is tossed I think, hopefully in favor of the end of the month. I would consider any snow a win as you said.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what we've been seeing today from mets on here..it appears SNE snow time is about done and we pass the torch to NNE. Anyone see anything different from that idea?.

Yeah, I do ...

First thing, folks should be vigil to separate hyperbole from objective reasoning.   We're starring down the barrel of a scenario that is about as darkly poetically f-up as imaginatively possible - its just time to have fun with it. 

But, in reality, the overnight teleconnectors are really hefty with a re-surging positive PNA lasting 2 weeks or more. The rise in the index begins around the 18th of the month and it appears to last into the first week of March. 

Myself I mentioned this days ago, and that it would herald a period of time for possible recouperation on senses of winter loss.  Particularly, the MJO is strong and zipping through Phase 6, only progged to gain strength as it head-longs its way through 7.  That activity correlates well to colder than normal from the NP-GL-OV-NE regions.  ... which is also PNA -related.  

That's all code for having two teleconnectors in constructive interference, which would mean strengthening their effectiveness.  

It's not guarantee for any x,y,z event, but you'd be a fool to close the book on this winter given that converging signal -

Worth saving that GFS run for future verification of the snow maps... :lol:

3-5 feet across NNE from the 12z GFS in total.  I'm thinking no but Dr. Yes is saying go.

Wish I could plug some other algorithm than just straight 10:1 ratio... bet we could get it to say like 40-70" widespread if we go 15:1 ratios. 

3-5 feet across NNE from the 12z GFS in total. I'm thinking no but Dr. Yes is saying go.

Wish I could plug some other algorithm than just straight 10:1 ratio... bet we could get it to say like 40-70" widespread if we go 15:1 ratios.

GFS.png

Lol well that would certainly enhance the complexion of this winter. Not save it completely mind you but definitely help a bit. Of course we know that things will not work out exactly like that but fun to look at.

Lol well that would certainly enhance the complexion of this winter. Not save it completely mind you but definitely help a bit. Of course we know that things will not work out exactly like that but fun to look at.

If that happened as depicted I would be able to get to 50% of annual snowfall going into March. It's amazing that we are far enough behind that 40" in 2 weeks would get us to about 50% with a month to go. I'd be at 65" or so of a 125" average.

3-5 feet across NNE from the 12z GFS in total.  I'm thinking no but Dr. Yes is saying go.

attachicon.gifGFS.png

I'm pretty sure I know what this map is good for.......

The colors are pretty though.

a few others ..And you were unsure wet or white

You need to stop fishing, man. All it does is confuse the googmoogs of the world. 

That being said, I don't see a reason to be pessimistic. The 12z ensembles shifted the ridge axis out west just east a bit to be pretty favorable for us verbatim.  Hopefully it is correct.

attachicon.gifGFS.png

59" at HIE...lol yeah right.

Archived