Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan. 17/18 - Possible Flurries/Snow Showers

North Balti Zen

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But nobody said it wouldn't snow though?

This.

I am getting pretty much exactly what was possible based on the guidance going back several days, which is less than a half inch. I mean, he hyper-analyzed the last storm and beat a dead horse 10 times over, and in the end we got 42 degree heavy rain instead of 48 degree heavy rain. As far as the tidewater and lower shore getting an inch or 2 today, well that is always a possibility with these SE scrapers. Where is the moderate event he said this was going to morph into?

If this would have been at night with less melting most would have a half inch + i have about .75 of liquid equivalent even here. Still satisfied ground and trees are white.

3/4" liquid is solid. Sounds like bad ratios tho.

This was called a northern stream mess"Flurries and snow showers". It was not the case the coastal coming NW proved to be much more of a influence and that's why many people have had snow for 3-5 hours now steady. I also said the eastern shore would do amazing and they are in this years standard. OC and Salis have more snow on the year now then us lol. Salis is going over 3 inches and OC has over 1.5 Cambridge is over 1 and Easton is at .5 For all intensive purposes this Storms north trend was alive and well. This was not a northern stream mess And i Even in bel air have a white ground bellow freezing temps and white tree's snow is even starting to stick to the ground. This was not what was said to be on here. I said this was coming NW and that's exactly what it did. this went from Bermuda to 100-200 miles off the coast of VA. I am not gloating or anything Just sayin today was NOT flurries or snow showers this was a steady snow that accumulated 

You should gloat...i guess?  I mean, according to the smarmy passive aggressive posts from Tennman  you hit some kind of home run?   Congrats?  I mean, again..for the DC area, we didn't get an inch.  Not even a half inch.  Pretty much in line with what the models, myself and others thought.  There was no magical nw shift.  We all knew it was gonna be some light snow.   I have zero problems admitting if I was wrong...hell, I would have LOVED to have been wrong and we got some better snow.  

Like Ian said, this whole narrative is so bizarre.  But run with it dude.

This.

I am getting pretty much exactly what was possible based on the guidance going back several days, which is less than a half inch. I mean, he hyper-analyzed the last storm and beat a dead horse 10 times over, and in the end we got 42 degree heavy rain instead of 48 degree heavy rain. As far as the tidewater and lower shore getting an inch or 2 today, well that is always a possibility with these SE scrapers. Where is the moderate event he said this was going to morph into?

If this thing was going to be what was said 5 days ago it would be in Bermuda and flurries to nothing would have resulted for EVERYONE.

The last storm was a toss up and i got 36 and a cold rain. That storm was supposed to cut west of us totally including the transfer and i said it was going to be a coastal way before models showed that with a chance for snow into PA and western MD and a snowstorm into NY. I NEVER said the last storm was going to be a all out blizzard or massive snowstorm. at first i said northern northern MD had a chance 7 days out but it ended up being Western MD and northern PA and i said that 3 days out. It was then said the coastal would miss and i said it would impact. 

i have images from what guidance showed for this out to 7 days ago not even close to what happened today

The narrative on this issue is bizarre.

i don't think it's about anyone being right or wrong, but that the thread got crapped on probably more than it needed to be.  we've created threads for lamer events than this one.  it was the general tone that i think ravens did a good job overcoming.  i think some people may have given up.  

but yea, all in all, it wasn't much here, but certainly was solid snow tv.

You should gloat...i guess? I mean, according to the smarmy passive aggressive posts from Tennman you hit some kind of home run? Congrats? I mean, again..for the DC area, we didn't get an inch. Not even a half inch. Pretty much in line with what the models, myself and others thought. There was no magical nw shift. We all knew it was gonna be some light snow. I have zero problems admitting if I was wrong...hell, I would have LOVED to have been wrong and we got some better snow.

Like Ian said, this whole narrative is so bizarre. But run with it dude.

Let's turn our attention to bickering over who is getting 20" and who is getting 26". That is something to bicker over.

You should gloat...i guess?  I mean, according to the smarmy passive aggressive posts from Tennman  you hit some kind of home run?   Congrats?  I mean, again..for the DC area, we didn't get an inch.  Not even a half inch.  Pretty much in line with what the models, myself and others thought.  There was no magical nw shift.  We all knew it was gonna be some light snow.   I have zero problems admitting if I was wrong...hell, I would have LOVED to have been wrong and we got some better snow.  

Like Ian said, this whole narrative is so bizarre.  But run with it dude.

Well since I am smarmy I want to congratulate you on a weasel post which amounts to you cannot give him credit nor admit your views were wrong

If this thing was going to be what was said 5 days ago it would be in Bermuda and flurries to nothing would have resulted for EVERYONE.

The last storm was a toss up and i got 36 and a cold rain. That storm was supposed to cut west of us totally including the transfer and i said it was going to be a coastal way before models showed that with a chance for snow into PA and western MD and a snowstorm into NY. I NEVER said the last storm was going to be a all out blizzard or massive snowstorm. at first i said northern northern MD had a chance 7 days out but it ended up being Western MD and northern PA and i said that 3 days out. It was then said the coastal would miss and i said it would impact. 

Dude, I read the AFD from Mt Holly daily. They have been discussing the possibility of the coastal getting close enough to get light snow into southern DE, SNJ, and their MD eastern shore counties since mid week. 

Btw here in northern Caroline county on the Eastern shore, I have less than a half inch. As discussed. As forecast.

Well since I am smarmy I want to congratulate you on a weasel post which amounts to you cannot give him credit nor admit your views were wrong

I guess it takes one to know one.   I learn from the best, King Smarm, at least I can be direct in my weaselocity.  

Is there a penalty for me being wrong?  Will my hands be cut off?  BecauseI have zero problems admitting when I'm wrong.  Tell the board what I'm wrong about, your highness.  

Dude, I read the AFD from Mt Holly daily. They have been discussing the possibility of the coastal getting close enough to get light snow into southern DE, SNJ, and their MD eastern shore counties since mid week. 

Btw here in northern Caroline county on the Eastern shore, I have less than a half inch. As discussed. As forecast.

What hit the eastern shore East of Cambridge Was NOT light snow Just like the so called flurries west of the bay ended up being light-moderate in certain area's .you in the northern eastern shore weren't going to get a lot But southern and eastern did Just fine Southern MD got 2 inches on the western shore alone. NO NWS was correct with this. it was called by MT holly and Wakefield for a trace and rain for Salisbury-Easton-Cambridge and OC Too bad dynamic cooling was forgotten they blew it and they know it issuing a WWA when the storm is nearly over. LWX said i got no snow today at all i had snow for 4 hours.  Not gonna argue this tho most area and people are fine and happy with what hit them today. The Coastal DID NOT MISS. 

i don't think it's about anyone being right or wrong, but that the thread got crapped on probably more than it needed to be. we've created threads for lamer events than this one. it was the general tone that i think ravens did a good job overcoming. i think some people may have given up.

but yea, all in all, it wasn't much here, but certainly was solid snow tv.

Yeah could be the case. Event of the winter until the HECS.

What hit the eastern shore East of Cambridge Was NOT light snow Just like the so called flurries west of the bay ended up being light-moderate in certain area's .you in the northern eastern shore weren't going to get a lot But southern and eastern did Just fine Southern MD got 2 inches on the western shore alone. NO NWS was correct with this. it was called by MT holly and Wakefield for a trace and rain for Salisbury-Easton-Cambridge and OC Too bad dynamic cooling was forgotten they blew it and they know it issuing a WWA when the storm is nearly over. LWX said i got no snow today at all i had snow for 4 hours.  Not gonna argue this tho most area and people are fine and happy with what hit them today. The Coastal DID NOT MISS. 

As I said in my previous post, any snow we were going to get today was from the coastal. This WAS forecast by NWS. It WAS also insignificant for most, other than right along the coast. TBH, Mount Holly should not have changed their forecast at the last minute to 1-3 inches, because their previous forecast of less than an inch was spot on, other than a few places in southern DE.

Archived