joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would tend to agree, but the super basin wide nino kind of throws a wildcard into it.  I could see anything happening and wouldn't be that surprised.  The EPS would argue we are going to torch with a sick eastern ridge showing up but its just one run and outside reliable range so your probably right its either temporary or overdone.  I sure hope so because I bought a snowblower and a snow suit for my 14 month old and I would like to get to use both at least once or twice this year!

ETA:  just to be clear I don't mind shoveling snow but I have a 400 yard driveway up the mountain my house is on and there is no way I could get that done in a timely manner to get to work.

I think it's more the fact that the Nino has had a second gasp and even the CFS2 is clearly showing a 2nd peak. 83 peaked late too, but wasn't as strong. So I guess what I'm saying is that this Nino has not behaved as prior strong Ninos and if it fails to produce for us like the strong ones that did produce, I think the 2nd peak/failed weakening will likely be the culprit. But, anything can happen still so we wait and hope we can get a fluke.

I think it's more the fact that the Nino has had a second gasp and even the CFS2 is clearly showing a 2nd peak. 83 peaked late too, but wasn't as strong. So I guess what I'm saying is that this Nino has not behaved as prior strong Ninos and if it fails to produce for us like the strong ones that did produce, I think the 2nd peak/failed weakening will likely be the culprit. But, anything can happen still so we wait and hope we can get a fluke.

Wonder if it has anything to do with most of the Pacific basin temp wise being above normal

Its obvious that the gfs can't handle the pattern. Right now there is so much potential that the model can't figure out which storm to go with... So it keeps bouncing back and forth from medium to long range. It is just so dynamic that its confused. I think as things relax a little bit the gfs will become more focused and that will help it to snow. I don't think it will latch on to something until maybe the 96 hour mark. And then watch... Boom... Something will bomb out. This is just the way the models work.

Archived