Newest Member
    joxey
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we're cool with the idea of a lumbering closed low today. :P

I don't like the overall look for the lowlands... but i'll go with it. It looks like the kind of setup that could produce big for the mountains. The way this winter has gone I am willing to travel to see a good snow event.

I don't like the overall look for the lowlands... but i'll go with it. It looks like the kind of setup that could produce big for the mountains. The way this winter has gone I am willing to travel to see a good snow event.

Me either but I'm willing to roll the bones it may end up a little more SE....be curious to see if ensembles hate it or not

he moved to a less favorable snow location from where he used to live. He is going to a troll

I'm not so sure yet brother...I'm in a pretty rural area...gonna be interesting to compare with your stats...plus I'm actually further west than you...near Fauquier

And I've already gauged the Bristow runs warmer than here due to UHI.

Lol the info I'm giving you is from Manassas airport...North of you!

Right. Although the airport is south of me. I am close to Gainesville up Vint Hill road. It won't matter anyway. Not that it matters but if it looks real I will probably see you at the ABC store.

12z Gefs honing in on the possibility. Still spread out and enough temp problem solution to give pause but starting to narrow things. 6-7 solutions with over 6" and another handful of 2"+

Question... Is the high building in or are we dealing w a retreating airmass? The latter was ok last year bc we had cold all around but this year I'm hoping we aren't dealing w elevation snows aka snow and quick changeover.

Question... Is the high building in or are we dealing w a retreating airmass? The latter was ok last year bc we had cold all around but this year I'm hoping we aren't dealing w elevation snows aka snow and quick changeover.

MSLP panels look really good irt hp in SE Canada. Best look all year by a mile and we're talking d5-7 now for that feature.

If slp doesn't go north of our latitude to the west it seems increasingly likely we get snow out of this even if a mixed event. I'm pretty happy with the 12z Gefs. Seems focused on lp tracking up from the SE and not as far north as the gfs op.

MSLP panels look really good irt hp in SE Canada. Best look all year by a mile and we're talking d5-7 now for that feature.

If slp doesn't go north of our latitude to the west it seems increasingly likely we get snow out of this even if a mixed event. I'm pretty happy with the 12z Gefs. Seems focused on lp tracking up from the SE and not as far north as the gfs op.

im partially rooting against the storm. I have a guitar gig saturday and sunday that i really dont want to miss

Archived