Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard the term crushing this year. One of the best terms unless it's not our region. Long duration seems to be a hallmark of this potential event so far.

Those of us around and east of I95 usually don't do well with those unless we get strong HP to our north and/or textbook perfect slp placement.

Not sure that's true.  Yesterday it kinda parked longer?

Well it's not doing it as soon or as south as it was in some runs. But it closes off a lot sooner than runs a few days ago that were decent. It's slowed down since then.

MSLP panels look really good irt hp in SE Canada. Best look all year by a mile and we're talking d5-7 now for that feature.

If slp doesn't go north of our latitude to the west it seems increasingly likely we get snow out of this even if a mixed event. I'm pretty happy with the 12z Gefs. Seems focused on lp tracking up from the SE and not as far north as the gfs op.

Thanks. Sounds good to me. It didn't look like a perfect setup but still pretty good. We can do pretty decent with those overrunning setups or lows developing over Tennessee. Not always legendary snowfalls but good for a moderate event which would probably work for a lot of people.

Silly at this point, I suppose, but that's a brutal cutoff on the Canadian.  2 feet for Mappy and a dusting for Wes. 

Euro has a weaker s/w relative to the GFS and it looks more progressive. This coming from the model that turned it into a glacially-moving bowling ball 2 days ago. 

Archived