amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ops converging on a very favorable track today. If the para went the closed h5 route it would have been a destruction. Even the progressive solution dumps 6-12" everywhere with limited temp problems. I'm not mad at it. Lol

The fact that it's even discussed in that detail at this range says a lot. I don't know what they were expecting them to say.

I'll tell you what I want them to say...."The potential for a significant winter storm to affect the area exists in the Thursday night to Friday time frame.  The latest model runs seem to be converging on a system with high potential.  Whether this comes to pass will depend on many factors.  Time will tell as we get closer to the event and details become more evident."

I understand the need for conservatism.  My problem is not with what they didn't say, it is how and what they did say.  Sorry, you all have your opinions and I have mine too.

I'll tell you what I want them to say...."The potential for a significant winter storm to affect the area exists in the Thursday night to Friday time frame.  The latest model runs seem to be converging on a system with high potential.  Whether this comes to pass will depend on many factors.  Time will tell as we get closer to the event and details become more evident."

I understand the need for conservatism.  My problem is not with what they didn't say, it is how and what they did say.  Sorry, you all have your opinions and I have mine too.

Bear in mind that forecast discussion isn't even intended for public reading. It's available but most lay people wouldn't even read that. So I'm not sure a debate over their language is even all that relevant. Although, with social media and internet lay people probably are consuming it. 

Regardless there's also the potential for a whiff or a solution that is not massive. I think the discussion was fine. 

Archived