joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Disco/Obs: A New Year, A New Pattern

Rjay

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't find any standard '5 day period' on the any of the ensembles from 12Z suites  that shows us BN (2MT's) during that relatively short time frame of 120hr.   After 34 consecutive AN days, what kind of pattern change would be so stingy?    I realize the differences from +13.3 in Dec (a million year event which should be investigated further to determine if our 30yr. normals should be allowed to continue unchanged) but that is my point, we should be stomping on that positive departure, extinguishing it like a cigarette butt, not just getting closer to normal.

I hope the Pv doesn't suppress everything next week

Maybe we could put something together right after the PV lifts out around day 11 to 15.

The EPS shows a potential STJ disturbance lifting NE from the Gulf right as the pattern begins

to modify day 11-15. Could be a long shot at this point, but sometimes we can get at

least some snow right after a PV lifts NE to the 50/50 position.

Maybe we could put something together right after the PV lifts out around day 11 to 15.

The EPS shows a STJ disturbance lifting NE from the Gulf right as the pattern begins

to modify day 11-15. Could be a long shot at this point, but sometimes we can get at

least some snow right after a PV lifts NE to the 50/50 position.

Very good post perhaps we can get lucky, or at least score a light snowfall as the eps has a chance at a clipper next week.

Very good post perhaps we can get lucky, or at least score a light snowfall as the eps has a chance at a clipper next week.

Yeah, it would be nice if clipper finds a way to sneak in around the time the PV is moving through Southern Canada.

Sometimes we can also get lucky when the PV lifts out and there is enough cold left for snow with the right track.

and then a 10 day stretch of winter around 1/20 which dropped 4 inches of snow here and that was it, it was back to the inferno aftr that...

Yup, around MLK Day.  I think the day it snowed we stayed in the 20s.  That was pretty much it after that.  Then we spent like a week+ above freezing in late Jan, which is insane.

Yup, around MLK Day.  I think the day it snowed we stayed in the 20s.  That was pretty much it after that.  Then we spent like a week+ above freezing in late Jan, which is insane.

it was a cold storm, was only 18 or so here during most of it and we got lucky getting into a band of enhanced precip in S CT.   I remember it lifting out quickly....I call it the 10 day winter.   Same deal in 01-02 almost to the week and amount of snow in our only storm of the year.  Just awful.  

it was a cold storm, was only 18 or so here during most of it and we got lucky getting into a band of enhanced precip in S CT.   I remember it lifting out quickly....I call it the 10 day winter.   Same deal in 01-02 almost to the week and amount of snow in our only storm of the year.  Just awful.  

Ha, in Jan '02 it hit 81 in the Shenandoah Valley of VA.  I remember, it was my senior year of HS.  I was getting into my car after school and it was like, WTF...

Why is he talking about Virginia in a January pattern thread for NYC metro? I speak collectively for the posters of this forum and truly nobody cares about your boring hometown stories in warm/snowless VA

Bro, we were talking about past patterns.  Honestly, it's nobody's fault here that it's snowless around here thus far, so chill out.

Story this morning for the next 15 days .

MAJOR PATTERN CHANGE is here.

Below normal Temps Jan 1 thru 6 as one day KNYC may not hit freezing.

Warm up muted. Likely 3 days max , weaker and it's gone.

The seasons first winter storm is possible around day 11 

Followed by a arctic outbreak days 11 thru 15 .

Happy new year.

I mean Holy sht , How do you criticize that 

Archived