joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29 - 12/30 Storm OBS

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol the new guys at Central Park reported a trace of snow last night, preventing the warmest December on record from being tied for the least snowiest too.

Initially it was for sleet, but it actually ended up snowing so it's a real trace (it warms my tiny little heart)

Fell asleep and woke up 130 and saw temp was up to 33 and now back down to 30. From the looks of it outside it sure looks like we had some snow . If nkt that's slot of sleet lol .

Yep we did. By 2:00 AM we had some heavy sleet again, but definitely some snow again. By 5:00 am I saw more sleet, and definitely snow accumulation as well.

Like you said, it must have been some snow, because that would have been the most sleet I've ever seen.

Definitely looks like a bit of snow may have mixed in here in NE PA, but almost all sleet. It was pounding against the windows all night, and everything is very slick. I drove through the beginning of the storm at 8pm and roads were treacherous with temps in the mid to upper 20s and the mixed precipitation. Got somewhat windy too.

I still have until mid January here in PA at higher elevations. I hope the PV splits into a Hudson Bay lobe, which would help dearly. Even if we just get the +PNA favored by Nino climo rather than the gargantuan western trough we had in December, that is a huge pattern shift.

It appears that low-level cold air is draining down the Hudson Valley into the NYC Metro area. Some temperature changes over the past hour:

New York City:

...Central Park: -4°

...LGA: -3°

Newark -1° (-3° in the last 2 hours)

Teterboro: -2° (-5° in the last 2 hours)

White Plains: -1°

we got nowhere near Upton's forecast high of 46 here.  37 was it and that was at 11:30am, slowing dropping since.

Archived