joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29- 12/30 Storm Potential

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primary low plowing into the upper Midwest, zero blocking frontside or over the top or backside, trough digging into the west coast, it's strictly a New England event. The snowfall maps adjusted for sleet (see NE forum), show nothing until north and northeast of route 84, zip zero stingy with dinero... Edit Candian model agrees, even warmer than 12z...

Primary low plowing into the upper Midwest, zero blocking frontside or over the top or backside, trough digging into the west coast, it's strictly a New England event. The snowfall maps adjusted for sleet (see NE forum), show nothing until north and northeast of route 84, zip zero stingy with dinero... Edit Candian model agrees, even warmer than 12z...

GGEM is similiar to 12z. New England gets crushed.

Events that start as sleet here and produce noticeable accumulations of sleet like the GFS tries to show are climatologically extremely rare.  My guess is this either ends up as entirely rain or the models are not giving the high enough credit and this will be the usual snow to sleet for a short window and then rain for anyone outside of the northwest valleys.  I'm always wary of forecasting events that follow an atypical pattern for a region, a SWFE starting as sleet is extraordniarily rare north of PHL.

Events that start as sleet here and produce noticeable accumulations of sleet like the GFS tries to show are climatologically extremely rare.  My guess is this either ends up as entirely rain or the models are not giving the high enough credit and this will be the usual snow to sleet for a short window and then rain for anyone outside of the northwest valleys.  I'm always wary of forecasting events that follow an atypical pattern for a region, a SWFE starting as sleet is extraordniarily rare north of PHL.

NYC has been lucky in the past with these type of events. Sometimes the models don't see the cad signature.

This.

Archived