joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29- 12/30 Storm Potential

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-5" in Wallkill? Im not so sure about that lol.. If thats the case then I should see some snow here as well.

I only have a wallkill zip, im in the Hamlet of wallkill not town or city...I'm technically shuwangunk, so Gardineer, NY is a more accurate location, wallkill goes all the way to Middletown and I'm nowhere near Middletown lol

I'm technically shuwangunk, so Gardineer, NY is a more accurate location, wallkill goes all the way to Middletown and I'm nowhere near Middletown lol

I know where you are at lol... Actually there are 2 Walkills. Regardless your weather is not much different than mine only exception being elevation events. 

Flight from Vero Beach Florida, where we had been since 12/23 (had gorgeous weather there, with every day in the low 80s and every evening in the mid 70s), arrived in AC around 4 pm.  Got home around 6 pm and had some drizzle and then the intensity picked up around 7 pm, with the rain transitioning to sleet, as the column cooled, with surface temps dropping from 40F to 34 F over about 20 minutes.  We got a nice little coating of sleet - enough to make a little sleetball, lol.  Precip has let up since then and not sure if the later precip will involve any sleet or not.  At least I saw a little frozen precip.  

We still have 48 hours before the storm arrives. Models tend to under do the cold so I wouldn't be surprised if it starting trending cooler. I wouldn't be surprised if the city starts out with snow sleet mix and then change into all rain. North & west and especially NE will cash in with this event

FTW :santa:

Archived