SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hes looking at 2m temps, sorry with that 5 h and 850 look thats not AN look on the ENS.

It is verbatim. You will have some warming aloft from any system ejecting out of the southwest and also ahead of any low moving across srn Canada. But behind those srn Canadian systems is some cold too. I don't know if it will be like that verbatim, but Those are the oscillations I was referring too. It's still an ok pattern with a nice ridge out west.

Going the wrong way again?

Anthony Masiello ‏@antmasiello  10m

Just like the analogs said, including the hated Jan MJO ph8, warm anomalies stick over NE US in Jan on ensembles.

He ostensibly thinks this is 2001-'02 all aver again, but if asked will not admit that.

Best met that I know of, but he almost seems duplicitous at times in that once he tweets something, a tweet countering what he just said is spewed forth like 10 minutes later.

He was relieved to the see the PV weakening, now this.

I just think he processes so much info at once that his tweets aren't always congruent with one another.

Regardless, January is a serviceable pattern.

It is verbatim. You will have some warming aloft from any system ejecting out of the southwest and also ahead of any low moving across srn Canada. But behind those srn Canadian systems is some cold too. I don't know if it will be like that verbatim, but Those are the oscillations I was referring too. It's still an ok pattern with a nice ridge out west.

Sounds like you are implying cold-cut-cold-cut-rinse-repeat, 1980's style.

That's not what I meant at all. If you look at the GFS op, you'll see what I mean. It's just different from bitter cold delivery from last Feb.

Ok, that is why I asked.

What am I looking for on the GFS?

Obviously, I know what i expect, but do not have anything resembling the synoptic prowess that you and Will have.

Ok, that is why I asked.

What am I looking for on the GFS?

Obviously, I know what i expect, but do not have anything resembling the synoptic prowess that you and Will have.

If you loop the GFS, see how those systems move across srn Canada and thicknesses warm

Ahead of it? That's also typical in Nino. Also note the cold behind it. The GEFS look pretty nice at the end and imply a gradual step down deal which I can see too. But overall I don't see a torch danger for now. The ridging out in western Canada in Siberia is impressive.

If you loop the GFS, see how those systems move across srn Canada and thicknesses warm

Ahead of it? That's also typical in Nino. Also note the cold behind it. The GEFS look pretty nice at the end and imply a gradual step down deal which I can see too. But overall I don't see a torch danger for now. The ridging out in western Canada in Siberia is impressive.

Obviously not Feb 2015, but this strikes me as a serviceable pattern in terms of snowfall; however it will be tough to achieve much depth in sne.

Obviously not Feb 2015, but this strikes me as a serviceable pattern in terms of snowfall; however it will be tough to achieve much depth in sne.

Yes that's all I mean. If timing is right, it could be fruitful. I thought it had the possibility of being active later in the 11-15 and beyond. Better cold too.

I see that.

Do the low heights INVOF Greenland have anything to do with that?

Yes that's all I mean. If timing is right, it could be fruitful. I thought it had the possibility of being active later in the 11-15 and beyond. Better cold too.[/quote

Scott, are you thinking mid to late Jan we will see a much favorable pattern for the east?

Not sure about much more, but based on ensembles, I'd say it will get better. Details on little clippers and things like that aren't gonna show in the means, though.

Ray run through 12z euro day 10 thru 15 out near AK .

Look how far west that NEG heads and watch how it pulls the ridge with the higher heights W in Canada.

I would expect day 11 thru 15 to turn out colder as those heights may relax near the NE as the euro gets towards day 10 .

It seems to be a constant error on the Euro where it just washes the trough out on the EC in the L/R.

-EPO/+PNA like to force HP through the lakes and the models miss it. The new day 5 thru 10 are much colder than its 10 to 15 from 5 days ago. I showed down in NY this AM .

Ray run through 12z euro day 10 thru 15 out near AK .

Look how far west that NEG heads and watch how it pulls the ridge with the higher heights W in Canada.

I would expect day 11 thru 15 to turn out colder as those heights may relax near the NE as the euro gets towards day 10 .

It seems to be a constant error on the Euro where it just washes the trough out on the EC in the L/R.

-EPO/+PNA like to force HP through the lakes and the models miss it. The new day 5 thru 10 are much colder than its 10 to 15 from 5 days ago. I showed down in NY this AM .

yes times a thousand

Archived