joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PV seems to split on guidance around the 30th through the end of the period.  Models have a giant split flow pattern evolving with a strong +PNA ridge into NW Canada and Alaska, with a low over the Baja, Peninsula or inland Mexico followed by troughing over the eastern US.  However there is so much energy that spills through and around the ridge into southern Ontario and New England as well as the Great Lakes that LE occurs and shortwaves from arctic origins come and make a visit in New England, one is bound to go off into a monster nor'easter with pressures of 960mb or lower.  It is bound to happen, just when I don't know yet.

PV seems to split on guidance around the 30th through the end of the period. Models have a giant split flow pattern evolving with a strong +PNA ridge into NW Canada and Alaska, with a low over the Baja, Peninsula or inland Mexico followed by troughing over the eastern US. However there is so much energy that spills through and around the ridge into southern Ontario and New England as well as the Great Lakes that LE occurs and shortwaves from arctic origins come and make a visit in New England, one is bound to go off into a monster nor'easter with pressures of 960mb or lower. It is bound to happen, just when I don't know yet.

Yea, sooner or later there will be a catosphoric storm that paralyzes mankind for weeks ala 1888...wether it happens this century or the next, we just don't know.

No I am saying that the pattern favors a monster storm this next 14 day period.  Models are confused with the amount of energy spilling over the monster ridge in the western NOAM region.  It originates from the arctic circle, so temps will be cold enough, just track of storm is in question.  18z GFS had a mainly rain storm on the 1st of Jan.

No I am saying that the pattern favors a monster storm this next 14 day period. Models are confused with the amount of energy spilling over the monster ridge in the western NOAM region. It originates from the arctic circle, so temps will be cold enough, just track of storm is in question. 18z GFS had a mainly rain storm on the 1st of Jan.

Dood, we all love your enthusiasm but you can't throw out words like you do and expect peeps to take you seriously. You're better than that.

Archived