joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 12-14th Storm Disco

Chicago Storm

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new GEM's solution is considerably different compared to the 12z version.  That's to be expected, as we're still pretty far out there.  I'm sure the Euro will be the first to figure this thing out as per usual.  Let's see if the new 00z is anything close to the 12z version.

0z ECMWF came in west, but similar evolution.

985mb near MLI 0z Sun evening.

0z ECMWF came in west, but similar evolution.

985mb near MLI 0z Sun evening.

Good to see a little continuity from the EC.  One thing looks pretty clear, the snow potential with this thing is looking rather bleak overall.  At least it's something interesting to track and tide us over until something more wintry comes along next month.  (lol)

Good to see a little continuity from the EC. One thing looks pretty clear, the snow potential with this thing is looking rather bleak overall. At least it's something interesting to track and tide us over until something more wintry comes along next month. (lol)

He didn't mention this Euro run is colder on the backside with more widespread snows

In this part of the subforum, temperatures are the big story (along with some possible heavy rain).  As I mentioned in an earlier post, the forecast high showed record tying highs for Saturday from SEVEN days out. Pretty remarkable.

Right now, the point for FWA is 63°, while the record is 59°. Previous record highs in the Eastern part of the sub look to get destroyed.

In this part of the subforum, temperatures are the big story (along with some possible heavy rain). As I mentioned in an earlier post, the forecast high showed record tying highs for Saturday from SEVEN days out. Pretty remarkable.

Right now, the point for FWA is 63°, while the record is 59°. Previous record highs in the Eastern part of the sub look to get destroyed.

Surprised FWA record is only 59. Detroits record Saturday is 61 (1949) so it will be close. Definitely not destroyed, may not even get the record (but probably will). For a supposedly boring year, 2015 dailies are filled with record snowfall, record lows, record cold highs, & record highs from 2015. I will have to tally all the daily records at the end of the year.

Since nov 11th  these storms coming out of the south west  have all tracked west of the subforum giveing Madison a great barograph trace but not even close to snow. Whats worse is the GFS predicts two more monster storms ater this weekend that more or less do the same thing in the next two weeks.

Did not expect much from this winter but did not expect  Minneapolis and Dultuh to get buried while the rest of us are forced to suck it up with these gales of November type storm tracks.

Stateing the obvious we  need some cold air in Canada and a more easterly track.

When I was a kid I would get furious when we had Decembers like this.Now I just get depressed. :underthewx:

Since nov 11th these storms coming out of the south west have all tracked west of the subforum giveing Madison a great barograph trace but not even close to snow. Whats worse is the GFS predicts two more monster storms ater this weekend that more or less do the same thing in the next two weeks.

Did not expect much from this winter but did not expect Minneapolis and Dultuh to get buried while the rest of us are forced to suck it up with these gales of November type storm tracks.

Pump the brakes. These are all fantasy land storms with plenty of time to change. You mentioned MSP and buried in the same sentence. That hasn't occurred in a really long time. Regardless of what happens, we've been pretty fortunate in this sub to have storms to track. Better than a dry NW flow of death.

Hope someone can cash in on this potential.

Surprised FWA record is only 59. Detroits record Saturday is 61 (1949) so it will be close. Definitely not destroyed, may not even get the record (but probably will). For a supposedly boring year, 2015 dailies are filled with record snowfall, record lows, record cold highs, & record highs from 2015. I will have to tally all the daily records at the end of the year.

33 and fog. Book it! :lol:

Archived