Newest Member
    joxey
December 12-14th Storm Disco

Chicago Storm

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see where that option is.

It's right above the "hour" down in the lower portion of the graphic.

EDIT:  You actually have to scroll down a bit.  When the window opens up there's more to the graphic than what shows.  If you maximize the new window you can see the whole thing without scrolling down.

Pump the brakes. These are all fantasy land storms with plenty of time to change. You mentioned MSP and buried in the same sentence. That hasn't occurred in a really long time. Regardless of what happens, we've been pretty fortunate in this sub to have storms to track. Better than a dry NW flow of death.

Hope someone can cash in on this potential.

Speaking of fantasy noon GFS OP at ten days is just what we want to see.Never a good sign however when you have to look out that far to see something good. A block like that off the west coast and Canada will cool down in a hurry.

Tryng to remember it is only Dec.8.

Chasmosnow, Chitown Storm is right, MSP deserves these storms if anyone does. I would only get impatient if a few storms in a row track just NW of here, but not nearly as much as if Chicago gets another good one before we do.

I suppose  I should not complain.40 miles north of here with that Nov 20th snow they got zilch while we got almost 7 inches..

Storms that just miss you are the worst.At least next weekend we are not even close.

You are right though. Seems like the past two years MSP has pretty much missed out.

Once in a while I have problems loading certain pages/sites on a certain browser. Not just you Hoosier.

Usually everything loads on Chrome for me. Restarting a browser can help too.

Bo, doesn't get as much snow on this GFS run.

Almost completely missing the Twin Cities as well.

gfs_asnow_ncus_24.png

Pulled this off the SPC site.  It shows the number of severe weather watch days in the month of December during the 10 strongest El Ninos since 1970.

post-14-0-38409900-1449685863_thumb.png

Severe threat looks iffy with this system.  Moisture return doesn't look bad for this time of year so as usual, we'll have to watch the mid-level lapse rates.

Archived