Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gefs has a redeveloper for day 8

The storm arrives during our pattern change which yields a mixed bag of results.

The pattern from 1/10 or even a day before looks very intriguing though. Imagine strong but not severe blocking coupled with a very strong STJ.

My dream pattern would be 09/10 with less blocking (weaker -NAO) for late Jan/Feb.

A lot of storms on the GFS and GGEM. GGEM is more favorable for our area. At this point, take the ensembles. The op runs have been showing many solutions.

GEFS has a really nice look with storm 1 and 2. It has a coastal signal for storm 2 and really cold. Op, you are on crack. Go to sleep.

Mods, if need be move this to banter but I really want this seen:

Snowman19 and to a greater extent doorman...instead of the passive-aggressive rebutting to posts by blue wave, PB and others, can you please draw the line in the sand and clearly state your position on Jan/feb? PB and others who feel the AO, EPO, PNA and the coming SWE will overtake the pattern have clearly given a Forecast that is backed by reasoning. They drew their line in the sand and have clearly stated their thoughts and agenda (if u will). If you have an opposing viewpoint, that's fine and respectable....But please, for the sake of the board...draw your line in the sand...make a forecast and put it out there instead of refuting others hard work. This is in no respect to doorman and snowman19, as I respect you both for posting your passion on this board. I'm just asking for you to post it in a more genuine and clear manner, so that we have a clear idea of where exactly it is that you stand. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CMC ENS and EPS are colder than the GEFS. But even the warmer GFS has lows dropping back into

the teens after January 10th for NYC.

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=knyc

It doesn't really pay to speculate on any individual snow potential until the Euro and the ensemble mean show

something within the 120 hr window.

This

Mods, if need be move this to banter but I really want this seen:

Snowman19 and to a greater extent doorman...instead of the passive-aggressive rebutting to posts by blue wave, PB and others, can you please draw the line in the sand and clearly state your position on Jan/feb? PB and others who feel the AO, EPO, PNA and the coming SWE will overtake the pattern have clearly given a Forecast that is backed by reasoning. They drew their line in the sand and have clearly stated their thoughts and agenda (if u will). If you have an opposing viewpoint, that's fine and respectable....But please, for the sake of the board...draw your line in the sand...make a forecast and put it out there instead of refuting others hard work. This is in no respect to doorman and snowman19, as I respect you both for posting your passion on this board. I'm just asking for you to post it in a more genuine and clear manner, so that we have a clear idea of where exactly it is that you stand. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

genuine and clearly

no snowstorms on the horizon

arctic intrusions will be modified throughout the month   :nerdsmiley:

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/medr/medr_max.shtml

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/prec_nhsm_animation.html

The month of jan will not finish below normal temp wise

and a six inch snowstorm for the metro will be very hard to come by

Book It!!!!

Come on, this is a bold statement when everyone knows that the pattern moving forward will be a good one for snow and cold. I think the first storm will be hard for the coast to see snow but the second one will be a much more favorable outcome ( if it does happen).

Looks like some regression regarding the -AO/NAO today.

The pattern looks good for more cold shots this month but maybe everyone's rushing things when it comes to snow.

Doorman has a point about snow chances and personally I don't think we get a 6"+ storm until Feb. If only the Nino weren't so powerful we'd be raking it in already.

"The month of jan will not finish below normal temp wise

and a six inch snowstorm for the metro will be very hard to come by"

Book It!!!!

abe_zpsuvfvec2p.jpg

I am in agreement with Doorman. I have never wavered from my position that January will be above normal temperature wise and below normal snowfall wise.

Archived