• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

This is kind of exciting...I am actually starting to root for a complete shutout. Probably wont happen, but its hard to imagine it looking much worse presently. Yeah everyone thought December would suck, but given how completely wrong the pattern is now, and recent persistence(esp on the Pacific side where things have completely flipped to hostile from previous winters), and the stable state of the stratospheric PV, there is actually a chance at complete futility.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is kind of exciting...I am actually starting to root for a complete shutout. Probably wont happen, but its hard to imagine it looking much worse presently. Yeah everyone thought December would suck, but given how completely wrong the pattern is now, and recent persistence(esp on the Pacific side where things have completely flipped to hostile from previous winters), and the stable state of the stratospheric PV, there is actually a chance at complete futility.

I can't (and don't) believe that the seasonal guidance outside of the CFS2 for January-March could be so wrong, especially in light of their consistency. Moreover, it wouldn't take much of a change in the placement of the 5H trough south of AK for the CFS2 to look like the other seasonal models. We just have to wait.

I can't (and don't) believe that the seasonal guidance outside of the CFS2 for January-March could be so wrong, especially in light of their consistency. Moreover, it wouldn't take much of a change in the placement of the 5H trough south of AK for the CFS2 to look like the other seasonal models. We just have to wait.

Patience is going to be tested me thinks, maybe even more so than last winter. I would not be surprised to see legit chances for snow east of the mountains be a month or more away. I know a lot of people hate the back loaded winter deal, but this may be exactly what we get. Feb and March will rock(we hope). Better late than never.

As long as the stratosphere and the AK/Bering Sea vortex remains as is, there will be no change in the pattern. Those 2 things need to shift big time. We are a long way away from a cold and snowy pattern in the east, minus northern New England

Could be, but our recent winters have all been back-loaded. We could get two storms in Feb/Mar and be set. I think we'll be seeing something more interesting by Jan 1.

Just got back from work, actually kind of excited about the 18zGFS....this is the feature that REALLY interested me...

If that is real & that wave can dig and slow down, there is a small legit threat. 00z EURO last night sort of showed it as well. Still a long shot, but interesting, and I'm hungry to track SOMETHING

The arrow is pointing to the semi 50/50 feature.

post-8091-0-44051900-1449976434_thumb.jp

Was 18z the worst of the worst of the worst also?

Sent from my iPhone

For some reason, that scene from "Men in Black" came to mind, where the Tommy Lee Jones' character asks why they think they're all there...and the one guy immediately stands up and yells out, "to be the best of the best of the best...sir!"

Maybe a flake or two next Saturday, hrs 159 to 165 shows very light QPF over the region

BL is warm to start... Probably residual warmth from the current heat wave ;)

Seriously tho, thicknesses are low so the tenth of an inch QPF might try to amount to something. Of course I wouldn't bank on it... Really it just makes me raise my eyebrow ever so slightly

Archived