joxey
December 2015 Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twin Lakes snow cam.

twinlakes.jpg

10am EST: Here are some of the highest snowfall reports we have received today. Additional reports from areas around Twin Lakes and between Chassell and Baraga would be appreciated!

*Updated amounts at 12pm include ~20" around Painesdale and Twin Lakes*

Clearly Krupp's there in Twin lakes was on the very southern fringe of the band overnight and today so far. It's now shifting south so they should do real well tonight.  More than a foot I'd say.  What sucs is that there's no clear radar picture, so have to rely on reports and a webcams.

I really wish NWS would build a radar for the keweenaw...then again the terrain might not even matter if they put one in houghton.

10am EST: Here are some of the highest snowfall reports we have received today. Additional reports from areas around Twin Lakes and between Chassell and Baraga would be appreciated!
*Updated amounts at 12pm include ~20" around Painesdale and Twin Lakes*

Clearly Krupp's there in Twin lakes was on the very southern fringe of the band overnight and today so far. It's now shifting south so they should do real well tonight.  More than a foot I'd say.  What sucs is that there's no clear radar picture, so have to rely on reports and a webcams.

I really wish NWS would build a radar for the keweenaw...then again the terrain might not even matter if they put one in houghton.

Probably won't happen for a long time.  The population of the entire Keweenaw is only around 40,000 I think.... just doesn't make sense.  The small ridge I live on is just over 1600' at its highest and just west of here it goes up to 1800' pretty quick and numerous higher peaks than that.  I think the highest peak on the Keweenaw is around 1500', and the majority of the peaks average between 1200-1300'.  MQT radar is 1411'... it doesn't even pic up my precip especially lake effect.

Nice! Plenty cold for it to stick too.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL1206 PM CST FRI DEC 18 2015ILZ003>006-182200-WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-LAKE IL-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROCKFORD...BELVIDERE...WOODSTOCK...WAUKEGAN1206 PM CST FRI DEC 18 2015...BURST OF MODERATE SNOW POSSIBLE LATER THIS AFTERNOON...SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS NORTHERN ILLINOIS THISAFTERNOON. A PERIOD OF MODERATE...TO PERHAPS BRIEFLY HEAVY SNOWCOULD ALSO OCCUR DURING THE EVENING COMMUTE. ALTHOUGH SIGNIFICANTACCUMULATIONS ARE NOT EXPECTED...A QUICK INCH OF SNOW COULDACCUMULATE INTO EARLY THIS EVENING...ESPECIALLY FOR AREAS NEARTHE WISCONSIN STATE LINE. PERSONS PLANNING TRAVEL ACROSS FARNORTHERN ILLINOIS SHOULD PLAN FOR A PERIOD SNOW WHICH WILL REDUCEVISIBILITIES UNDER A MILE AT TIMES...AND POTENTIALLY LEAD TO SLICKROADS.$$KJB

Archived