joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 20-21 Early Season Snowstorm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can concur with this report for those right along Lake St. Clair, you go just 2 to 3 miles in from there and it is sticking.

Yep. I noticed the difference as well when I was over in Grosse Pointe earlier.

No problem sticking here (side streets are getting pretty trecherous). Probably pushing 3" at this point.

Except for at the very beginning and the end of the storm ratios averaged between 7.5-8.5 here. Before it got dark I could start to see the Moon and clearing to the west. Going to be a cold one tonight!

Had about 1.48" of water come down.

Congrats to everyone that got decent totals - and got higher totals than me!  :lol:

Saw this report just now. That's about 9-10 miles from here.

IZesaAE.png

Try #2 at contouring snow totals, going by the Local Storm Reports as of 6:45-7:00 EST Nov 21 2015. It seems that more snow (a few inches?) has fallen in Detroit and immediate area since these LSRs were updated.

0RKl0XL.jpg

What's the link to this page?

I've sort of been in awe the last 24 hours reading this thread. I was thinking there'd be a number of foot type amounts but not this many, and not top end numbers of near 20".

I feel like this is the third storm in the last three winters that has trended better and better till the very end and really delivered the goods to similar areas...GHD II, the super bowl storm, and now this storm. I guess this last point can be argued but I feel like this is probably the most fulfilling storm of the 3 for the areas affected because it not only occurred in November, but kicked off a winter that may overall be less than stellar across the region.

Here at home although most of the storm was 33 or higher about 5" has fallen in total. Around 2" is on the ground and the warmer surfaces never did glaze over with snow.

Others in the region really hit the snow god lottery.... 20" in a marginal slop event.... Amazing !!

Archived