joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 20-21 Early Season Snowstorm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope someone cracks 20" in LOT's CWA, that would be wild.

If it is anyone it will probably be to my southwest around Grayslake, Lake Villa or Fox Lake. Snow is fluffing up now.

You really need one of these or a snow blower. But even some snow blowers are struggling today.

post-7389-0-56015100-1448130547_thumb.jp

My street.

post-7389-0-10939800-1448130556_thumb.jp

I got about the same amount here as you did.  Iowa City got around 8-9 inches.  Areas in far southeast Iowa only got a couple inches!  At least it wasn't as much as a cement snow as on the morning of February 1, 2015.

My melted down gauge catch and core sample were only 0.48" and 0.54", well below the model consensus, so we just ended up in a dry pocket this time.

That was insane. I've never seen roads around here being covered up by that much snow in a while! Cars in ditches, powerlines down, intense snowfall. Family member's flight from NY to ORD is canceled until tomorrow. I almost slid into a mailbox avoiding a lady who stopped in the middle of the road to text.....

Probably nearing 1' totals.

That was insane. I've never seen roads around here being covered up by that much snow in a while! Cars in ditches, powerlines down, intense snowfall. Family member's flight from NY to ORD is canceled until tomorrow. I almost slid into a mailbox avoiding a lady who stopped in the middle of the road to text.....

Probably nearing 1' totals.

damn you guys are getting smoked, good stuff

Archived