joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 20-21 Early Season Snowstorm Part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely biggest flakes of the event here in southeast Naperville. Maybe closing in on 3" on unpaved surfaces but I'll defer to Gilbertfly's measurements since I live about 5 mins from him. Really no accumulation on my street other than some spotty slush.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hello all. Looking forward to watching this thing rip this afternoon in northern Indiana. HRRR showing 40dbz for a few hours with 0.5" of QPF in 3 hours. Cross section showing some really strong EPV aloft for a few hours this afternoon. Dare I say I will be looking out for thundersnow?  :santa:

Not having to work today, eh? I hope you're right about the thundersnow. That would be cool, although I may be a little too far south. I've only experienced it a few times.

Hello all. Looking forward to watching this thing rip this afternoon in northern Indiana. HRRR showing 40dbz for a few hours with 0.5" of QPF in 3 hours. Cross section showing some really strong negative EPV aloft for a few hours this afternoon. Dare I say I will be looking out for thundersnow? :santa:

The good stuff! Wouldn't be surprised, got a few reports of thundersnow in the death band last night.

Looks like you're getting slammed now on Mt. Geos per KLOT.

Just posted that amount on your page.

Large snow flakes coming down in steady waves. Visibility drops to 1/8 mile at times.

Only seen one car drive by since 8am! Side roads at least are a mess. Few tree branches have broken off this morning also.

Good to see you checking in. Congrats on the snow. I'd imagine that's it's not much fun to work in though.

I may actually get 2-3" out of this. IWX expanded their advisory areas to include Huntington County.

Its somewhat challenging...but fun. :D

Big flake poundage here right now. Pretty awesome. Good luck over there my friend! :)

This will be the heaviest snowfall I've seen in November Ginx. I'm sure most people in this area haven't seen this heavy of snowfall either before Thanksgiving. (Outside of snow belts)

Trying to capture the flakes - pic doesn't do them justice.

post-7389-0-25427600-1448122204_thumb.jp

Snow seems to be gaining steam out in Glen Ellyn. Was a little disappointed at the slop storm I was looking at earlier, but snow seems to be taking on a less wet nature in the last half hour or so which is allowing it to accumulate a bit better. Looks like we are going to spend a good while in the deformation band. Heck of a storm for mid-late November.

Archived