amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Outlook 2016

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a weenie pic to start it out. Very well done, I skimmed through it because I will need a few minutes...but looks very well thought out and put together. 

I will say, despite a few anomalies in the snowfall last year that will always happen....that was a pretty dam good guess at snowfall for your cities. I was quite impressed at verification.

Nice write-up. Detailed doesn't quite describe it adequately, I needed to take a break halfway through to finish. Lol at guaranteeing a HECS though, weenie.

I would suggest another run through it to clean up the grammar and formatting...for example, at least on mobile, some of the paragraphs were formatted to split words into different lines which was difficult to read. Given the length of the post and the fact that you sat down and wrote it from start to finish in a single day, I can understand how it would be difficult to force yourself to go back and proofread the whole thing.

My one other critique is that you spent a lot of time in the 2014-15 recap criticizing Cohen's postseason victory claims, but you then proceeded to use all the same indices that failed miserably last year to predict a negative N/AO this year. I felt like the failure of those indices last year, and thus the decreased confidence level in those indices as prediction tools from the level we thought/hoped existed prior to last year, could have been highlighted more in the discussion of your predicted -AO/-NAO for 2015-16.

Overall, excellent job as usual. If your forecast fails, it is clear that you will come away with more knowledge than you started with to apply in future seasons. I will be watching the ensembles closely as we approach December for hints of that GOA low placement.

Oh yeah, and you forgot to mention the fat starving squirrels and the lunar crater reflectivity cycle.

Nice write-up. Detailed doesn't quite describe it adequately, I needed to take a break halfway through to finish. Lol at guaranteeing a HECS though, weenie.

I would suggest another run through it to clean up the grammar and formatting...for example, at least on mobile, some of the paragraphs were formatted to split words into different lines which was difficult to read. Given the length of the post and the fact that you sat down and wrote it from start to finish in a single day, I can understand how it would be difficult to force yourself to go back and proofread the whole thing.

My one other critique is that you spent a lot of time in the 2014-15 recap criticizing Cohen's postseason victory claims, but you then proceeded to use all the same indices that failed miserably last year to predict a negative N/AO this year. I felt like the failure of those indices last year, and thus the decreased confidence level in those indices as prediction tools from the level we thought/hoped existed prior to last year, could have been highlighted more in the discussion of your predicted -AO/-NAO for 2015-16.

Overall, excellent job as usual. If your forecast fails, it is clear that you will come away with more knowledge than you started with to apply in future seasons. I will be watching the ensembles closely as we approach December for hints of that GOA low placement.

Oh yeah, and you forgot to mention the fat starving squirrels and the lunar crater reflectivity cycle.

I meant a KU....not necessarily Super storm '93, of the blizzard or '78.

It maybe a hugger, too.

Your mobile is the issue.

I did not criticize the theory, I criticized his unwillingness to acknowledge last year's shortcoming. 

Good methodology, bad season...just admit it instead of distorting reality.

One failed season in this business does not significantly its validity.

Perceptions, sure, but those are in fact misperceptions

I suggest you read it again on a laptop because you have missed it.

Archived