• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 2nd-5th ULL OBS Major Flooding in SC Midlands/Low Country

Hvward

My parents house is GONE. They live on forest lake and damn is about to go. That is a 160 acre lake and a ton of water about to destroy Columbia. National guard is getting people out via boat. Water as high as a basketball goal.

They are trying to evacuate my sister in law which lives below the dam

Wow. Hope they are safe

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to the scanner... got to give a shoutout to the dispatchers who are desperately trying to coordinate all these calls. Not to mention all the responders out there dealing with this. And I'm just listening to Columbia.... I'm sure it's like this all over the state.

The whining was unreal......especially from those that should KNOW better....smh. I won't be so nice next time :angry:

Roads are impassible all around me, standing water is everywhere and it's coming down in buckets

Where's the guy on here who guaranteed no double digit rainfall totals in either of the Csrolinas?? Seems to be many!! Maybe chipping all that egg off of his face!?? I'm at about 8"

The wind gusts have increased overnight into the morning. Fortunately we haven't had any measurable rain in a few hours. Reading these threads, it's crazy what some parts of SC are experiencing at the moment. I know we live for extreme weather, but this is scary. Thinking about everyone that is currently dealing with flooding. Stay safe!

Wow listening to the scanner in Columbia and it is just sad. The guy stuck on the tree in the middle of the current who they can't get to. Rescuer say he is screaming he is getting weak but then his head keeps going under water.

The news stations are all live too. wltx,wis,etc.....several families stuck in the attics too  :(  

Once again the wind is absolutely ripping here. Constant 40 mph gusts... We wound up with a 4 day total of 5.60 inches. I think the upstate was fortunate that the atlantic convection blocked moisture transport for the first part of the storm yesterday or it could have been a lot worse.

Unfortunately, it seems Columbia south to Charleston was not as lucky. Prayers sent to these folks.

10/4: 0.85"

10/3: 2.39"

10/2: 1.65"

10/1: 0.88"

5.77" total so far

10.87" since 9/24

Grateful for not getting the type of rains the lower 2/3's of SC is getting.  It rained pretty much the entire time in Clemson yesterday, but wasn't too bad.  The hardest rain and wind came as soon as I parked and was getting the cooler out.  After that is was just moderate rain with off and on heavy spurts.

Archived