Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 2nd-5th ULL OBS Major Flooding in SC Midlands/Low Country

Hvward

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that firefighter stranded in the tree sounds ominous

At least they have contact with him....still haven't heard from the w. columbia FF that was swept away  :(  

Oh crap. Yall stay safe

I'm trying to find a scanner for Lexington Co....we have dam's breaking near here(I'll be okay I believe). The roof is leaking(so are many others), so a pretty blue tarp is covering it  :lol: 

List of road closures......Noticed a lot in lexington co (especially my area) are not listed   :(   

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/2015/10/04/list-road-closures-midlands/73333846/

People were calling for epic and they got exactly what they were looking for. We went through a similar thing back in 2010 and we had widespread 15+ amounts. Just watching so much water knowing theres nothing you can do is pretty bad.

Imagine if the hurricane had made landfall the amount of tree damage would have been beyond anything anyone has seen in decades.

Damned if ya do damned if ya don't ( no pun intended), flood a few hoping to save a lot or hold on and see of the dam holds but understanding a lot more flood if it doesnt......sucks.

reminds me of Floyd. They had to open the Kerr/Bugg Island lake dam to keep it from breaching which caused massive flooding downstream.

reminds me of Floyd. They had to open the Kerr/Bugg Island lake dam to keep it from breaching which caused massive flooding downstream.

Yeah me and downeast live in Pitt county on the tar river and the flooding was horrible.

Sucks for SC to have so much flooding.

Quick post.....Well, gonna lose most, if not all of my house. Live near Gills Creek here in CAE. Craziest morning of my life.  Got out of my house then heard screams for help.  Got a canoe with another neighbor and 5 houses down was a family of 4 stuck in the highest point of their attic with only minutes to spare.  Thankfully we got them out and to high ground.  A few quick pics:

1) Before

2) Rising Rapidly

3)Approx 7-8ft deep

4)Water up to windows at 1pm

post-2167-0-25160900-1443982550_thumb.jp

post-2167-0-24368900-1443982560_thumb.jp

post-2167-0-45399700-1443982619_thumb.jp

post-2167-0-24045900-1443982628_thumb.jp

Quick post.....Well, gonna lose most, if not all of my house. Live near Gills Creek here in CAE. Craziest morning of my life. Got out of my house then heard screams for help. Got a canoe with another neighbor and 5 houses down was a family of 4 stuck in the highest point of their attic with only minutes to spare. Thankfully we got them out and to high ground. A few quick pics:

1) Before

2) Rising Rapidly

3)Approx 7-8ft deep

4)Water up to windows at 1pm

Wow so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Archived