• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 2nd-5th ULL OBS Major Flooding in SC Midlands/Low Country

Hvward

53mph gust!! Not sure why it's gotten so bad suddenly..yeah..gonna be a lot power outages or trees down at this rate

Wow! This is not good. I have no idea how much rain I've had, rain gauge was over flowing. Just got word from a friend in forest acres that his house is flooding.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got through helping to cut a tree off the road...cops say trees down everywhere..he claims someone reported a 100mph gus somewhere...after last post I had a top gust of 63mph...thankfully much calmer now...hope to have more info when power comes back...but who knows when...just unreal and totally unexpected event

Just got through helping to cut a tree off the road...cops say trees down everywhere..he claims someone reported a 100mph gus somewhere...after last post I had a top gust of 63mph...thankfully much calmer now...hope to have more info when power comes back...but who knows when...just unreal and totally unexpected event

Thats nuts.

The whole area is pretty much shut down.

.93" yesterday; 3.37" for the month, 6.41" in the past 10 days.

I picked up a good bit of rain last night in a couple of showers around 10pm. This put me over 9 inches so far just since Wednesday. The 4knam puts us under a good band tonight through tomorrow. Its a sharp gradient so a shift in the band either direction changes our amounts quickly.

I'm not familiar with them but maybe gravity wave with this insane convection maybe? Another to 48mph and 52mph...the house is shaking!

Something similar happened here 4-5 years ago. As a front came through there was a line of showers and as it cleared for 20-30 minutes we had gusts over 50mph. The MHX office discussed it but I forgot what they said caused it.

Any changes in temperature or pressure in all this? Could have been some sort of G-wave bring down the LLJ..you can see stronger winds roll in from the ENE on radar. Even a meso low perhaps helped do this.

mby is up to 11.5 as of 6:30am and it's still pouring   :D   Roads are flooded, streets are closed and my thoughts go out to those on the coast   :(

And this is why its so annoying when people whine and call it a bust before it ever gets started. 11.5 is a ton of rain and you've only got more rain for the next few hours so you should see 13-15 inches maybe when its all said and done?

And this is why its so annoying when people whine and call it a bust before it ever gets started. 11.5 is a ton of rain and you've only got more rain for the next few hours so you should see 13-15 inches maybe when its all said and done?

The whining was unreal......especially from those that should KNOW better....smh.  I won't be so nice next time   :angry:    

Roads are impassible all around me, standing water is everywhere and it's coming down in buckets  

The whining was unreal......especially from those that should KNOW better....smh. I won't be so nice next time :angry:

Roads are impassible all around me, standing water is everywhere and it's coming down in buckets

Stay safe and hopefully things will clear up by tomorrow for the work week ahead. I can only imagine how bad traffic is gonna be with so many roads closed.

Columbia fire scanner sounds dire. Lots of bad situations Many "life threatening" situations being reported. People screaming for help... Unreal to think they have another 12 to 18hrs of heavy rain.

Yep --- dire straights down there. Some scary calls going on.

The whining was unreal......especially from those that should KNOW better....smh.  I won't be so nice next time   :angry:    

Hope you getting some pics? would love to see some from all the flooding. Stay safe!!!!

My parents house is GONE. They live on forest lake and damn is about to go. That is a 160 acre lake and a ton of water about to destroy Columbia. National guard is getting people out via boat. Water as high as a basketball goal.

They are trying to evacuate my sister in law which lives below the dam

Im so sorry. Glad they were not home. Pray your sister in law is rescued.

Archived