Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2015 Observation Thread

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.05" last night.

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OVER THE CAROLINAS FRIDAY NIGHT ANDSATURDAY...THEN GET SWEPT NORTHEASTWARD WITH THE PASSAGE OF A STRONGCOLD FRONT LATE SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. SEVERE THUNDERSTORMSWILL BE POSSIBLE AHEAD OF AND ALONG THE COLD FRONT SATURDAYAFTERNOON AND EVENING...PARTICULARLY ACROSS CENTRAL AND EASTERNPORTIONS OF NORTH CAROLINA..SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...SPOTTER ACTIVATION MAY BE REQUIRED LATE SATURDAY INTO SATURDAYNIGHT.

Sounds like another good chance of storms today. I thought we were going to miss out last night, but had a storm roll through late around 10:45 pm.  WRAL said the coverage today should be more widespread than yesterday. RAH saying the biggest threat today is heavy rain.

NEAR TERM /THROUGH FRIDAY/...
AS OF 317 AM THURSDAY...

SHORTWAVE OVER THE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY WILL PROGRESS EASTWARD THROUGH
THE DAY... REACHING THE APPALACHIANS THURSDAY EVENING... INDUCING
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SURFACE WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE OFF THE
MIDATLANTIC COAST... AND BRINGING A COLD FRONT TO THE COASTAL PLAIN
OVERNIGHT. AHEAD OF THE FRONT... DISTURBANCES IN THE DEEP SOUTHWEST
FLOW WILL RESULT IN INCREASING COVERAGE OF SHOWERS AND STORMS. BULK
SHEAR AROUND 25 KNOTS COULD SUPPORT THE POTENTIAL FOR STORMS TO
EVOLVE INTO CLUSTERS. WITH PWATS NEAR 2 INCHES.... MAIN THREAT
REMAINS HEAVY RAIN... AND THE OVERALL SEVERE THREAT REMAINS LOW.
HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80S.... LOWS MID 60S TO LOW 70S.

88°/68°.  I can already tell today is going to be a fail just looking at radar.  Everything concentrated south and north of Spartanburg just like the models were showing.  The evil flow is back.  Not that SW flow helps us much anyways.

Yep it's time for GSP to go with 20% or less pops over most of upstate SC. The GFS shows no sign of any real rain either, and brings the low to mid 90's back on down the road too.

88°/68°.  I can already tell today is going to be a fail just looking at radar.  Everything concentrated south and north of Spartanburg just like the models were showing.  The evil flow is back.  Not that SW flow helps us much anyways.

Well, I can tell you that just 50 miles to the west of you (Greenville), we got absolutely hammered yesterday with rain. Nothing yet today, but clouds building as I type..

Well, I can tell you that just 50 miles to the west of you (Greenville), we got absolutely hammered yesterday with rain. Nothing yet today, but clouds building as I type..

Y'all have almost 2x the rainfall as mby since June 1.  Greenville and west has done ok this summer.  I'm in a group of 4 or 5 counties that extends into NC where it seems nearly impossible to score big on rains.

Cluster of storms west of Greenville right now, and if they continue on their current trajectory and don't fall apart **cough** then mby could see something.

Archived