Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2015 Observation Thread

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought you guys might enjoy these shots of a nice storm we had here the other evening. about 3-4" of rain very vivid lightning and good winds. Slow mover took about an hr to get through here. Came from the north moving south right along the coast. Then last night it seemed all night it was storm after storm coming in off the ocean.

post-1523-0-41602400-1441633974_thumb.jp

post-1523-0-43543800-1441633986_thumb.jp

post-1523-0-66867700-1441634000_thumb.jp

Wondering how far West those coastal plains showers will get before the dry air starts eating them up?

just got another quick .75 in a downpour. Nexrad has a 2 inch dot right near my house so since yesterday we have had quite a bit and last Wednesday night we had an inch and a half. Not a bad week.

If that line offshore comes into Tampa proper, they're going to be swimming again!

Flood advisory here in north central Fla - frogs are falling out of the sky right now ....

My son down south 2 1/2 hours away in Tampa at UCF says he can do laps from his apartment to the car ....  :~(

Chance of showers/storms for the next 6 days. Let's hope we all get something this coming week.

Yes!  I had been watching the summer Atlantic stationary and retrograde lows for the past few years, and wondering when one might reach the shore and interact, and two weekends ago as well as right now has finally been that experience.

today's situation can be seen developing here, I would post an image but it is too many frames!  http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/wxloop.cgi?wv_central+/48h

I often wonder about autumn and wintertime retro lows, I feel like they must happen in some years rather than lows passing over the continent and then travelling along the coastline. 

Once the day is complete I will try to compile a low frame count animation.  it may not be a tropical cyclone but it is still very unique especially with the large surface rotation noted that had "landfall" in Florida and is directing the flow of much of the bands!

Another hot and miserable day outside.  88°/64°.  Looks like a shower could be heading this way if it doesn't fall apart **cough**

Edit:  Well, not long after typing that it starts weakening lol.  Seems like the showers out to the west are moving NW while the ones closer to me are moving NNE.  Looks like no rain again, not that I really expected any lol.

Archived