Newest Member
    joxey
September 2015 Discussion

Geos

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champaign area is getting soaked

Reports of 4-5" rain totals this morning, impressive stuff, a months worth of rain on the 1st of the month.

Was on the fence about purchasing "radar scope" for my iPhone 6+, finally caved and bought it this morning. Loving the app. Will be extremely useful with dynamic fall storms (hopefully) around the corner.

Happy autumn! It certainly feels more like late July than early September today. I'm currently sitting at 82/70/86 imby with very hazy skies, with winds at 8mph from the NW. High temperatures are in the mid 80s through Labor Day. Way colder weather with highs in the 60s appears likely the week following Labor Day. The annual color change has definitely progressed since my last posting, with many trees showing some change and young/diseased trees nearing high color change. Leaves are now beginning to fall with gusts of wind. At this rate, we should have near peak color change by the second week of October... definitely earlier than normal. A sign to come? Lake effect season is about ten weeks away. 

Happy autumn! It certainly feels more like late July than early September today. I'm currently sitting at 82/70/86 imby with very hazy skies, with winds at 8mph from the NW. High temperatures are in the mid 80s through Labor Day. Way colder weather with highs in the 60s appears likely the week following Labor Day. The annual color change has definitely progressed since my last posting, with many trees showing some change and young/diseased trees nearing high color change. Leaves are now beginning to fall with gusts of wind. At this rate, we should have near peak color change by the second week of October... definitely earlier than normal. A sign to come? Lake effect season is about ten weeks away. 

The dry/warm air should only accelerate the leaf color change...

Hey, I'm from the Madison area and I've been lurking for a long time but I'm gonna try to post on here more often since there aren't as many posters from this area of the subforum.

But onto weather, Madison only reached 88 today, which means we've only had five 90 degree days so far this year, and the highest temp has only been 92.  The smoke and haze were definitely evident in the air today.

Hey, I'm from the Madison area and I've been lurking for a long time but I'm gonna try to post on here more often since there aren't as many posters from this area of the subforum.

But onto weather, Madison only reached 88 today, which means we've only had five 90 degree days so far this year, and the highest temp has only been 92. The smoke and haze were definitely evident in the air today.

Welcome Mad!

Looks like great Michigan weekend weather to end the summer this Labor Day Weekend.

If I recall, we had one of our warmer stretches last year leading up to Labor Day weekend as well...could be wrong.

Overall the pattern seems to be different then the last 3 year's or so (glancing back at and comparing the last few months to the last few years from a bird's eye perspective). I will be curious to see what it means for the fall and winter.

Welcome Madwx!

I travel out your way on a fairly regular basis - know the area well.

Well only 1 day in the 90s here so far this year. 88° for a high today. Dewpoints were really high for September - peaked at 74°.

I would say the corn crop here is a third of the way dried out. Evapotranspiration still hard at work.

Archived