joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Erika 2015

jburns

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every subtle change in strength, every subtle shift in movement and subsequently, any land interaction really plays into everything WRT Erika as this point.

Currently, what kind of state will Erika be in at 24 hours? 48 hours? Right now, the problem is the state of Erika right now. It shouldn't gain a tremendoua amount of poleward motion in this disheveled state. If it's not maintaining deep convection and also some identity, motion will be governed by the low level steering current. Not to mention, more possible land interaction. If Erika gets her act together earlier than anticipated, then a more poleward track than currently being depicted on forecast plots would be expected.

With that said, the future after day 3 oa even more uncertain, given the previously mentioned, does Erika get her act together. We all know she'll eventually get to an area more conducive for development after Friday. Erika could easily get torn apart before then, or fight its way through the mess with somw identity. The last caveat is if she's maintaining or strengthening theough the mess between now and Friday, look out. (providing there is a potent circulation aloft IE mid-level circulation), it could hit the fan real quick.

Trying to guesswork all the variables right now is like a bird trying to crap on a person's head from 1000 feet up fighting a 30 mph wind

Really nice pulse of convection right over the LLC in the last 30 minutes.

Jack Straw from Wichita

I just jumped the watchman, right outside the fence

Took his rings, four bucks in change, ain't that heaven sent?

We used to play for silver, now we play for life

And one's for sport one's for blood at the point of a knife

And now the die is shaken, now the die must fall

There ain't a winner in the game, he don't go home

with all, not with all

:violin:

Jack Straw from Wichita

with all, not with all

We can share the women, we can share the wine. :guitar: 

Jack Straw from Wichita

with all, not with all

Might just be my favorite song of all time

First call on my Facebook page, and twitter pages as well. Here is the map.  I know there are MANY possible solutions, but here is my best forecast as of now.  Flame away!

Holy Moley, forgot how good Washington's WV loop was. Dry air shows up perfect.  

Not bad, guidance if shifting east but its hard to say what Erika will do since we are not even sure there will be a Erika....watching the radars it seems to me the center is NE of the current forecast track a bit and the "LLC" will cross the very NE Leewards and that jives with the models taking it east.....the real wrench in the works is what does it do once it gets east of Florida ( assuming there is a Erika), is the ridge offshore stronger or weaker further north or south.....and how it impacts Erika will largely depend on how strong she is so there are so many little things that can and will have a huge impact on the how /why/where of that its insane. I don't envy the NHC their job the next 5-7 days assuming she doesn't die.

Radar showing the storms with the flare up and its pretty horrible doesn't look tropical much at all but you can see the LLC I think way up near the northern islands, in fact I am not even sure that's it...there should be a LLC somewhere in that loop but UGH

http://www.meteofrance.gp/previsions-meteo-antilles-guyane/animation/radar/antilles

In the vast majority of cases once a storm gets a easterly componet in it after it turns up the coast it ALMOST ( and I know there are examples of where it does turn back) always keeps that easterly component. This doesn't mean that it wont hit the SE coast it very well could and just this morning a lot of those same models all had south Florida in the bullseye. So who knows what tomorrow will bring... Worst case for us up this way is a that it does pull that rare turn back NW...after it gets as strong as those models have her.

I almost think I see the LLC on this shortwave loop right SE of 18N 61W, I mean right at that point just about to cross it.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/05L/flash-swir-long.html

Archived