joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Danny and the beginning of Erika

Windman18

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in a cane that won't even have much of a chance at impacting my yard. Ops look like favorable conditions for a couple waves exiting the African coast over the next week or 2.

Our weather has been nice from a sensible standpoint but so god awful boring to discuss. I took a picture of my car thermo today when it hit 100. It was exciting in the lamest way.

I'm not saying this storm is going to impact the US, but it is a possibility. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Cat 5 up the Chesapeake or bust.  The morning visible imagery looks better than yesterday, some more organized outflow is evident on the eastern side of the system.  NHC has 96L at 90%.

Cat 5 up the Chesapeake or bust.  The morning visible imagery looks better than yesterday, some more organized outflow is evident on the eastern side of the system.  NHC has 96L at 90%.

If it keeps looking like this during the afternoon it'll probably be a depression. Some of the models get it pretty far west. Still would be a good bet to bet on a fish tho. 

For archival purposes:

Tropical Depression FOUR Forecast Discussion Home   Public Adv   Fcst Adv   Discussion   Wind Probs   Graphics   Archive  
000WTNT44 KNHC 181448TCDAT4TROPICAL DEPRESSION FOUR DISCUSSION NUMBER   1NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL       AL0420151100 AM AST TUE AUG 18 2015The low pressure system that has been moving westward across theeastern tropical Atlantic the past few days has finally acquiredenough organized deep convection to be classified as a tropicalcyclone. A 1232 UTC ASCAT-B overpass indicated the system has awell-defined circulation, and there was also a large field of 30-ktand greater wind vectors in the eastern semicircle. Dvorak satelliteintensity estimates are a consensus T2.0/30 kt from TAFB and SAB, sothe initial intensity is set at 30 kt for this advisory. Upper-leveloutflow is good to the south and fair to the north.The initial motion estimate is 280/11 kt. The global and regionalmodels are in good agreement on the tropical cyclone movingwest-northwestward along the southern periphery of a deep-layersubtropical ridge for the next 48-72 hours, accompanied by adecrease in forward speed as the system approaches a weakness inthis ridge. After that time, the ridge is expected to build back inas a trough to the north lifts out, forcing the cyclone to turn morewestward and accelerate through the remainder of the forecastperiod. The official forecast track lies close to but a littlefaster than the multi-model consensus TVCN due to the much slowerGFS model creating a slow bias in the consensus.The overall atmospheric and oceanic environments surrounding thecyclone appear conducive for slow but steady strengtheningthroughout the forecast period. The only inhibiting factor will beoccasional brief intrusions of dry mid-level air associated with theSaharan Air Layer that lies just to the north of the depression.However, given the very low vertical wind shear of less than 5 kt,the convective structure is expected to steadily increase inorganization, allowing the dry air intrusions to be mixed out. Theofficial intensity forecast closely follows the intensity consensusmodel IVCN through 72 hours, and then leans closer to a blend of theDecay-SHIPS and LGEM models at 96 and 120 hours.FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDSINIT  18/1500Z 10.6N  36.5W   30 KT  35 MPH 12H  19/0000Z 11.0N  37.9W   35 KT  40 MPH 24H  19/1200Z 11.3N  39.5W   40 KT  45 MPH 36H  20/0000Z 11.6N  40.9W   50 KT  60 MPH 48H  20/1200Z 12.1N  41.9W   60 KT  70 MPH 72H  21/1200Z 13.2N  44.2W   70 KT  80 MPH 96H  22/1200Z 13.7N  47.8W   80 KT  90 MPH120H  23/1200Z 14.0N  52.4W   85 KT 100 MPH$$Forecaster Stewart

Archived