joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Danny and the beginning of Erika

Windman18

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ it doesn't look like it may fish, right now, but who knows what could happen. calling people out for their "fish" calls from page one, this early in Danny's tropical life, is pretty silly IMO.

No sillier than you and some others mocking the person who started this thread when there was plenty of guidance saying it would not, in fact, be a fish storm.

BTW having the storm shear apart as it goes over the Greater Antilles doesn't count as a fish either.

No sillier than you and some others mocking the person who started this thread when there was plenty of guidance saying it would not, in fact, be a fish storm.

BTW having the storm shear apart as it goes over the Greater Antilles doesn't count as a fish either.

I didn't mock the person who started it. Show me where I mocked HIM specifically. I said it smelled fishy. 

And you are right -- shearing =/= fish. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, sir. 

Now should Danny hit the US, or something, then you come back and run your mouth. 

And, if it does fish, expect some hardcore trolling. :)

Most of the super meaningful track guidance doesn't even go out far enough for you to make this kind of a claim. For the purposes of this debate I don't consider the GFS to be reliable track guidance. You can't exactly say that guidance said fish vs no fish based on tracks going out to 5 days. 

I agree it doesn't look like a fish right now - but like mapgirl said - you calling out folks who called fish on the first page is uncalled for. These track models can swing wildly and you know that as well as any of us. 

I don't really think this storm is ultimately going to mean a ton for mainland USA but we shall see. 

I'm calling fish right now with fish meaning the eye goes right up the Chesapeake and a left turn at the mouth of the Potomac to the 14th St bridge before landfall.

:lol:

I'm on board with that outcome. To be honest...seeing that kind of a track or even something remotely similar would be such a sight that I might not mind seeing it once in my lifetime despite some costly damage probably. 

I'm calling fish right now with fish meaning the eye goes right up the Chesapeake and a left turn at the mouth of the Potomac to the 14th St bridge before landfall.

Hahaha thanks for the comic relief, things were getting pretty tense in here for a minute.

GFS kills Danny again in a few days, but it seems it initialized with a 16mb pressure difference. Not sure how that impacts things.

I have a feeling(no sound met logic at all) that this will be what happens for the next couple days.  Up and down with model intensity

GFS kills Danny again in a few days, but it seems it initialized with a 16mb pressure difference. Not sure how that impacts things.

I would imagine that 16mb pressure difference would impact things quite a lot. The gfs thinks Danny is a weak disorganized mess heading into the Caribbean so of course it is going to kill it, when in reality Danny is quickly becoming a tightly wound hurricane.

I don't know why NHC is going with a southern track. Almost no models have it going that path. The guys at accuweather think it will go more north than most models. I don't think anybody really knows where Danny is going. If I had to guess, I would say somewhere either just north of Hispaniola or skimming the north edge of Hispaniola.

I don't know why NHC is going with a southern track. Almost no models have it going that path. The guys at accuweather think it will go more north than most models. I don't think anybody really knows where Danny is going. If I had to guess, I would say somewhere either just north of Hispaniola or skimming the north edge of Hispaniola.

Nobody ever knows where a tropical system is going, to be frank.  Tropical tracks are basically a crapshoot outside of 72 hours, and probably even less than that.

Just saw a twitter post showing Euro locations of Katrina 120, 240 hours out from 2005.  Those were fish positions.

Let's just be patient and see what happens.  Danny should do well today but will eventually get into some shear.  

if it stays small, it won't last. south and its ripped to shreds, north and its out to sea. 

NHC can make mistakes, but I'd take NHC over Joel Myers any day.

Archived